Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MultiMigo

Monitor Scaling Problem

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys! How you been? So there's this problem that I've had for quite a while now. My desktop icons keep switching places every time I play a game or use software that goes into fullscreen. I have a 4K display and most of the games that I play are in 1080p. Let's say I Alt Tab, when I go to my desktop, all of the desktop icons are jumbled and I have to put them into their places everytime. What seems to be the problem?

9 minutes ago, MultiMigo said:

Hi guys! How you been? So there's this problem that I've had for quite a while now. My desktop icons keep switching places every time I play a game or use software that goes into fullscreen. I have a 4K display and most of the games that I play are in 1080p. Let's say I Alt Tab, when I go to my desktop, all of the desktop icons are jumbled and I have to put them into their places everytime. What seems to be the problem?

This may be one of those “is this a bug or a feature?” Issues.

You keep switching monitor resolutions from 4k to 1080p and back, so every time you do it windows rearranges the icons.  You’d need some kind of secondary software to remember where your icons are in 4k I think.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I use 4k monitors and play at 4k,1440p and test at 1080p.

My icons don't move.

I play all none 4k games at full screen but I do go out of them to put "prints screens" into photoshop. 

I use a LG OLED TV and a 32" LG VA monitor.

I did have the issue when I used Windows 7 and fixed it by installing a monitor driver. 

RIG#1 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair CORSAIR AX860W | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 38" 3840 x 1600 75hz

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 ti XC | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV  

Rig#3 CPU: Intel i7 6700k | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-Pro | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 ti | PSU: Corsair 650 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Intel | HDD: WD Black 5TB | Monitor: LG 32" 4k 60hz