meet requirements but.........

I have a HP 15.af039ca laptop with 8gb ram. I recently got Tomb Raider 2013 for free through Steam. Now according to "Can U Run It" this laptop's current processor and vram is supposed to meet the recommended requirements to play it. but is laggy at lowest settings. Is there something I can do like change settings in the laptop or increase the ram to 16gb which in turn would give me 2gb of available vram??? would anything make a big enough difference or am i just wasting my time?  yes I know laptops are crap for playing any real graphics intensive games, however and ironically my laptop works better playing Skyrim or ESO which according to "Can You Run It" my laptop doesn't even meet min requirements for those 2 games.

ram isn't your problem here, is the very slow onboard gpu. You really can't do a easy upgrade to get it to play games well.

Also those can I run it sites really aren't great, youtube videos are normally a better source.

figures a definite you get what you pay for/can afford. besides the can i run it site the Radeon Adrenaline 2020 software claims i should be able to run it as well.