What should I upgrade?

Just now, 5x5 said:

Please do so - provide a video of you running Doom Eternal at 1440p or a similar demanding game. Or maybe running 8x MSAA in Withcer 3. Or Hairworks. Or whatever. It's not possible.

I dont have Any of those, and even if i did my CPU would bottleneck at those games.
I can provide benchmarks on Rocket League or Just cause 3. Those are the highest demanding games i play.

Also, my bad, i forgot to mention that i play a lot of Flight Sim games, and those are very CPU bound and i look at hardwar usage as im playing and CPU is at 100 with GPU hovering around 70

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

The difference is still less than 20% - you have to clock the 4790K over 5GHz in order to see a "35% increase" - that's not in the realm of possibility. Get a Ryzen 5 if you want a new CPU. Or do the smart thing and upgrade the GPU

To be fair the games he listed are more cpu heavy but a 4790k still is a horrible upgrade as you said.

Just now, Burnedice25 said:

I dont have Any of those, and even if i did my CPU would bottleneck at those games.
I can provide benchmarks on Rocket League or Just cause 3. Those are the highest demanding games i play.

Also, my bad, i forgot to mention that i play a lot of Flight Sim games, and those are very CPU bound and i look at hardwar usage as im playing and CPU is at 100 with GPU hovering around 70

Those two games can run on integrated graphics - they won't prove anything. Run Unigine Heaven or Valley at Extreme settings then. Those are free and small downloads.

For flight sims - the 4790K won't matter. Same architecture, same cache, same basic design, same performance. At most 10% better. Look at a Ryzen 5 dude.

2 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

So get a ryzen 1600af,2600 or 3600. All are better cpu's for the same price as a 4790k

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Those two games can run on integrated graphics - they won't prove anything. Run Unigine Heaven or Valley at Extreme settings then. Those are free and small downloads.

For flight sims - the 4790K won't matter. Same architecture, same cache, same basic design, same performance. At most 10% better. Look at a Ryzen 5 dude.

i have MSI KOMBUSTOR. will that do?

1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

No. Download an actual benchmarking tool. That is a stress test. 

That's a torture test, not a benchmark. If you want to kill a GPU, that's a way to do it.

3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

Alright, ill run Heaven. give me a min

Regardless of the scores you get get a ryzen cpu not a 4790k.

Here have a really good video about it. A 2600 (1600af is the same cpu) at stock performs the same or better in all games compared to a 4790k at 4.8ghz.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Regardless of the scores you get get a ryzen cpu not a 4790k.

i know im being petty here but any chance we can stick with Intel? sorry

Just now, Burnedice25 said:

i know im being petty here but any chance we can stick with Intel? sorry

Why would you want to stick with intel? You can pay more for the same performance with them. What's your budget?

Why would you want to stick with intel? You can pay more for the same performance with them. What's your budget?

$200. Thats including CPU, new MOBO and possibly RAM. Thats why i wanted the 4790

i can probably get everything second hand for 200

3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

$200. Thats including CPU, new MOBO and possibly RAM. Thats why i wanted the 4790

i can probably get everything second hand for 200

I doubt that 4790k's go for 120-170 used easily and any half decent board is another 100.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $124.99 @ B&H
Motherboard Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Newegg
Memory Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $42.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $237.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-28 06:33 EDT-0400  

Everything new. Better than a 4790k at 4.8ghz. Also you will need a good cooler with the 4790k to even get an oc that high if even possible so add another 70$ onto your 200$ used budget. The ryzen can even be oc'd on the stock cooler.

Intel wise there is no comparable build within this budget.

I doubt that 4790k's go for 120-170 used easily and any half decent board is another 100.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $124.99 @ B&H
Motherboard Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Newegg
Memory Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $42.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $237.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-28 06:33 EDT-0400  

Everything new. Better than a 4790k at 4.8ghz. Also you will need a good cooler with the 4790k to even get an oc that high if even possible so add another 70$ onto your 200$ used budget. The ryzen can even be oc'd on the stock cooler.

Intel wise there is no comparable build within this budget.

Im australian, so what that is in AUD is about 180 bucks over my budget

Im australian, so what that is in AUD is about 180 bucks over my budget

IF you can get mobo+CPU+cooler to that budget, then maybe. I would get another 8gigs of RAM too. But even after the upgrade, your GPU will still be the bottleneck.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

For $200 AUD you are out of luck. 

If it was me, I' d save up a bit, get a Ryzen 1600-AF with a cheapie B450 Mobo and the fastest 8gb of DDR4 RAM I could afford. Then sell off the existing i7 with board and ram 2nd hand as a combo.

1 minute ago, ErA.l said:

For $200 AUD you are out of luck. 

If it was me, I' d save up a bit, get a Ryzen 1600-AF with a cheapie B450 Mobo and the fastest 8gb of DDR4 RAM I could afford. Then sell off the existing i7 with board and ram 2nd hand as a combo.

I was actually thinking if i changed out the MOBO cpu and suh i would convert into a person NAS. My buddy did it with a old Core 2 Quad system and it turned out great.

hold tight, im running heaven now

10 hours ago, Burnedice25 said:

I was actually thinking if i changed out the MOBO cpu and suh i would convert into a person NAS. My buddy did it with a old Core 2 Quad system and it turned out great.

hold tight, im running heaven now

For that budget there is no worthwhile upgrade. And no the 4790k is not a worthwhile upgrade. Save up a bit till you can get something like the system I linked. Especially for 200 aud you would be lucky to even get a 4790k cpu alone