Desperate HELP PLEASE! New PC Build Wont Start

aly886

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying their days.

So I just built a new PC and this is my very first build. I was following a guy on you tube however I picked some different parts. Everything was nice and ready, so I decided to power it, however, the only thing that happened when I turned the I/O on the power supply was the RGBs came on from the motherboard. I then clicked the power button on the case and nothing happened AT ALL.

Here are my parts:

EVGA GTX GeForce 1080, AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, ASUS Prime 470X Pro MB, EVGA 600w GD PSU.

Here is the link to the video I am following since he has the same case, CPU, and motherboard as I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BAMdv3YI50&list=LLE4oM9C-fE0WKA9rzB_jIUA&index=8&t=719s

please if anyone can help me, i have no clue what is wrong, all my connections are secured and I gurantee that they are correctly in the right spot. I have been working on this for days now. I have tried the majority of troubleshooting techniques and still nothing. All my parts are literally right out of the box and new,.

Thanks in advanced!

Just now, Jwalbrecht2000 said:

You did connect the power button from the case to the motherboard, correct?

Yes sir. I 100% made sure they are in the right spot and connected correctly.

Just now, aly886 said:

Yes sir. I 100% made sure they are in the right spot and connected correctly.

have you tried using a metal pointing object to jump the switch header. the power SW might be bad

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

1 minute ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

have you tried using a metal pointing object to jump the switch header. the power SW might be bad

Yes I have tried doing that with a philips screw while the pc on.

Did you test the components outside of the case prior to installing them in it? I would remove the front panel connectors, like restart, power switch, and etc. and use a screw driver to make the connection and turn the PC on, it is possible you have a faulty power button or case.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Consider reseating components such as the RAM, GPU, and CPU in their respective sockets, maybe something's not quite sitting right.

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

Did you test the components outside of the case prior to installing them in it? I would remove the front panel connectors, like restart, power switch, and etc. and use a screw driver to make the connection and turn the PC on, it is possible you have a faulty power button or case.

I have already tried that and still nothing :(

So I reseated the GPU and RAM, but not the CPU yet. But like, wont my fans run at the very atleast when I press the power button?

Or does the CPU affect this?

1 minute ago, Jwalbrecht2000 said:

Consider reseating components such as the RAM, GPU, and CPU in their respective sockets, maybe something's not quite sitting right.

1 minute ago, aly886 said:

wont my fans run at the very atleast when I press the power button?

Not sure to be honest, I would try it though

Just now, aly886 said:

I have already tried that and still nothing :(

If you did not test the components outside of the case before installing them in it, then I would recommend removing them and re-assembling the PC on the motherboard box to conduct a bench test. You should always do a bench test of the components before assembling the full PC inside of the case.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

try a boot with a single DIMM. and if it doesn't boot try another one. memory might be bad so if it boots keep trying till you find culprit DIMM

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If you did not test the components outside of the case before installing them in it, then I would recommend removing them and re-assembling the PC on the motherboard box to conduct a bench test. You should always do a bench test of the components before assembling the full PC inside of the case.

so are you talking about testing the components that came with the pc case? and wdy mean by a bench test? sorry, this is my first time building a pc...

1 minute ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

try a boot with a single DIMM. and if it doesn't boot try another one. memory might be bad so if it boots keep trying till you find culprit DIMM

i already did that, i tried booting up with each alone, switched up their slots too...

Just now, aly886 said:

i already did that, i tried booting up with each alone, switched up their slots too...

do you have  speare chip of the same socket? or a spare GPU to test?

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

Did you used thumbscrews as PSU screws ? If yes, switch em'. Don't know why the hell this is a thing but it happened to me xD 

~(O.o)~ 

R5 3600x  MSI MPG x570 Gaming EDGE Wi-Fi   Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (black) 2x8GB 3600MHz  Zotac GTX 1070ti AMP! Edition 8GB  EVGA 750W B2  Noctua NH-D15S Chromax ‖ 2 × Be quiet!  SILENTWING 3 140mm / x Be quiet! PUREWING 2 140mm / 1 x Be quiet! PUREWING 2 120mm  Corsair 540 air (black)

Just now, PandaGab68 said:

Did you used thumbscrews as PSU screws ? If yes, switch em'. Don't know why the hell this is a thing but it happened to me xD 

what are thumbscrews? and for a fact, the screws i used for PSU were the ones that came with PSU.

2 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

do you have  speare chip of the same socket? or a spare GPU to test?

unfortunately i do not.

what are thumbscrews?

Thumbscrews are screws that can be tightened with your fingers instead of requiring a screwdriver.

Are you getting any beeping noises from the pc when you try to start it up? Based on your motherboard's documentation there is this beep code...

Other than that, try removing components and seeing if you it'll post without until you find the issue. A lot of times it ends up being bad ram, so only install a single stick at a time and see if you can get it to boot that way.

Annotation 2020-03-18 160742.png

2 minutes ago, Haeglo said:

Are you getting any beeping noises from the pc when you try to start it up? Based on your motherboard's documentation there is this beep code...

Other than that, try removing components and seeing if you it'll post without until you find the issue. A lot of times it ends up being bad ram, so only install a single stick at a time and see if you can get it to boot that way.

Annotation 2020-03-18 160742.png

no there was no beep at all during all the times i booted the pc, and I already did the ram thing, i tired all the combinations and slots, and nothing happened... still

so are you talking about testing the components that came with the pc case? and wdy mean by a bench test? sorry, this is my first time building a pc...

Before you build the PC you assemble everything on the motherboard box, for example you have the motherboard on it's box you install the CPU and memory, add the cooler, and GPU and plug it into the PSU, essentially build the PC on the motherboard box outside of the case to make sure it works before installing everything in the case. It's a very common step and is usually recommended to all new builders, if they were to ask for help. If you test it outside of the case and it works, and once you get installed it doesn't then you would know it's an issue with the case.

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Before you build the PC you assemble everything on the motherboard box, for example you have the motherboard on it's box you install the CPU and memory, add the cooler, and GPU and plug it into the PSU, essentially build the PC on the motherboard box outside of the case to make sure it works before installing everything in the case. It's a very common step and is usually recommended to all new builders, if they were to ask for help. If you test it outside of the case and it works, and once you get installed it doesn't then you would know it's an issue with the case.

ahhh ic, ill make sure to do that, is there anything else i should know when doing this or tips?

4 minutes ago, aly886 said:

no there was no beep at all during all the times i booted the pc

Make sure you have a speaker installed, it should look like a small black cylinder on the motherboard. If you don't have one, I'd recommend getting one

Just now, aly886 said:

ahhh ic, ill make sure to do that, is there anything else i should know when doing this or tips?

Not necessarily just make sure you assemble it on the motherboard box as it is an antistatic workspace, don't connect the PSU until everything else is good to go, it will also be a good time to double check your CPU and make sure it is seated and installed properly.