Ryzen 7 2700 or I5-9400F

i want to upgrade my cpu and i wonder which is purely better with performence The Ryzen 7 2700 or the I5-9400F. Keep in mind that i mostly use my computer to game 

the 9400F will game better in most cases, but has a much more limited upgrade path.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the 9400F will game better in most cases, but has a much more limited upgrade path.

if in the future i want/need to uprage my cpu i would probably get an I7 8th or 9th gen ,dont worry.
i really needed help on this thread because i was actually getting a breakdown think about which is better for gaming. 
Thank you for helping.

31 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1829-intel-core-i5-9400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-2600x/

The 2700 should be slightly faster than the 2600X on average, and due to the lower end GPU the CPUs should be even closer than what is shown. The 1% lows on the 9400F also suffer more than the 2700 in CPU intensive games.

The 2700x can be seen here matching the 9400F in almost every game while often having better 1% lows(Far Cry is the biggest exception):

https://www.techspot.com/review/1977-amd-ryzen-1600-af/

I don't think the 2700 would be so much slower than the 2700X to make any big difference.

I'd say neither. 1600AF& manual OC --> will be around the same lvl as 9400f.

2700 is a fine CPU, but for purely gaming point of view, it is not as great. Btw, with a 1050ti, or anything up to ~2060, you will NOT encounter massive differences in performance. The reason I'm thinking 1600AF is perfectly fine: six cores-12 threads are more than enough for the time being. Later you can still move up to 8-cores.

If I were you: I'd just buy a 1600AF, some good cooling & MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX motherboard (or the Mortar Max, if mikroATX is preferred). Later you will have the opportunity to upgrade to 4th gen Ryzen.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

On 3/17/2020 at 9:11 AM, Vejnemojnen said:

I'd say neither. 1600AF& manual OC --> will be around the same lvl as 9400f.

2700 is a fine CPU, but for purely gaming point of view, it is not as great. Btw, with a 1050ti, or anything up to ~2060, you will NOT encounter massive differences in performance. The reason I'm thinking 1600AF is perfectly fine: six cores-12 threads are more than enough for the time being. Later you can still move up to 8-cores.

If I were you: I'd just buy a 1600AF, some good cooling & MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX motherboard (or the Mortar Max, if mikroATX is preferred). Later you will have the opportunity to upgrade to 4th gen Ryzen.

i already upgraded and i would say im really happy in my choice of the i5-9400F as my benchmark performance in GTA V was 60fps with my old i5-7400 and now is 170 fps avg with the i5-9400 which as you can probably can see is a huge jump in performance. Also some time after i created this thread i got to know that intel CPUs usually performe better in gaming which is what i use my pc most of the time.