Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uptivuptiz

Quote users while editing post

Posted · Original PosterOP

I forgot to quote in a post I made and then I went to edit it and add the quote just to discover that it's not possible to quote specific people (like you normally would when making the post).

Would it be possible to enable user quoting while editing a post?

Please ping or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Usually the way I work around this is press quote on the person's post, in the 'new post' windows I click on the 'handle' on their post:

image.png.8251b03737884c1612611ee1d28f3a03.png

Press Ctrl+C and then just paste it in the post I am editing.

It's also a funny way to quote a post that was made just now, in an earlier made post of your own* :P 

But this obviously will not work on mobile for example. Or maybe it will, never tried it.

So if it's not possible for the forum devs to implement, you can always kinda do it yourself.

*Proof this works:

Spoiler
Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

It's confirmed: minibois is a LTT forum god :P 

Anyways. Thanks for the tip. I just wanted a more streamlined method of doing it :) 

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Usually the way I work around this is press quote on the person's post, in the 'new post' windows I click on the 'handle' on their post:

image.png.8251b03737884c1612611ee1d28f3a03.png

Press Ctrl+C and then just paste it in the post I am editing.

It's also a funny way to quote a post that was made just now, in an earlier made post of your own :P 

But this obviously will not work on mobile for example. Or maybe it will, never tried it.

So if it's not possible for the forum devs to implement, you can always kinda do it yourself.

It's confirmed: minibois is a LTT forum god :P 

Anyways. Thanks for the tip. I just wanted a more streamlined method of doing it :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It makes sense, but how would you envision it working? In the pathological case you can be editing multiple posts in the topic, and writing another new one, all at the same time.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

you can be editing multiple posts in the topic, and writing another new one, all at the same time.

Who's nutts enough to do that? I didn't even know you could do that. I wish it would just put the intended quote in whichever box your [typing] cursor is blinking in.

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It makes sense, but how would you envision it working? In the pathological case you can be editing multiple posts in the topic, and writing another new one, all at the same time.

I see your point there... Maybe if you control+clicked the quote button it would quote to the edit instead of the new post. But of course if you are editing multible posts at the same time (which is a totally crazy thing that I didn't know you could do) then it would create a problem. 

This thread is just me thinking aloud :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Who's nutts enough to do that? I didn't even know you could do that. I wish it would just put the intended quote in whichever box your [typing] cursor is blinking in.

Current/last used editor makes a lot of sense actually. I've spent this evening implementing that, and it will come to a forum near you at some point in the next update.

HTTP/2 203

49 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Current/last used editor makes a lot of sense actually. I've spent this evening implementing that, and it will come to a forum near you at some point in the next update.

That sounds useful. So what is "current/last editor" and how would/does it work?

9 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

That sounds useful. So what is "current/last editor" and how would/does it work?

It will use the editor that you clicked on most recently

HTTP/2 203

12 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I don't know if you do beta test or someting like it when rolling out new features for the forum, but if you do I'll be more than happy to test for you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 1/27/2016 at 3:21 PM, Uptivuptiz said:

Hello

I've got a problem with my Acer Aspire V5-573G.

I have an extra screen plugged in to the pc and when ever i watch a video in fullscreen on the extra monitor there goes a random amount of time, then my screen starts flickering (sometimes the pc crashes) and a annotation pops up stating: "Your intel graphics driver stopped responding". I have tried to update my intel driver but when i do it says that i don't have the minimm system requirements.

Link to CPU: http://ark.intel.com/products/75459/Intel-Core-i5-4200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_60-GHz

Please help.

Thank you.

Typically when I forget to quote, I just quote, copy the quote, then edit my post and paste it.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, that's clunky as all hell.

Though it does demonstrate that it's in some way possible.

Edit: Whoops, looks like someone already cover that.

Build Logs: Cotton Candy Threads | Lucid Visions | Matte Machine (4U Rackmount) | Noc Noc | NUC | Storage Log

Cotton Candy Threads - CPU AMD Threadripper 2950X | GPU EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti | MOBO Asus ROG Zenith Extreme | MEMORY 128GB (8x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 | STORAGE 3x Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 4x Crucial P1 1TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 7.2k HDDs | PSU Corsair HX1200i w/ Cablemod Pro Extensions | COOLING Cooler Master TR4 ML360 | CASE Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black | LIGHTING 9x Corsair HD120 Fans, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB Strips, 2x Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP

LUCID VISIONS - CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | GPU PowerColor 5700XT Liquid Devil | MOBO Crosshair VII Hero | MEMORY 64GB (4x 16GB) Trident-Z Neo @ 3733 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Pro SSD | PSU Corsair RM1000i | COOLING EKWB Custom Loop | CASE Define S2 Vision | LIGHTING 4x Fractal Prisma AL-14 Fans, Built-in RGB Strip | PCPP

Just NCASE mITX - CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz | GPU EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | MOBO Asus Z370-I Gaming | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Triden-Z RGB 3000 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo 500GB SSD + Corsair MX500 1TB M.2 SSD | PSU Corsair SF600 | COOLING Noctua NH-U9S w/ Redux Push/Pull Fans | CASE NCase M1v5 | LIGHTING 2x Cablemod Addressable RGB Strips | PCPP

Noc Noc, Who's There? - CPU AMD Threadripper 1950X | GPU ASUS RTX 2080 Ti OC | MOBO ASRock X399M Taichi | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) GSkill Trident-Z 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 970 Evo SSD | PSU Corsair HX1000i w/ Cablemod Pro B&W Kit | COOLING Noctua U9 TR4 w/ 2x Redux 92mm | CASE Corsair 280X White | FANS 6x Noctua 140mm Redux | PCPP