Quote users while editing post

Uptivuptiz

I forgot to quote in a post I made and then I went to edit it and add the quote just to discover that it's not possible to quote specific people (like you normally would when making the post).

Would it be possible to enable user quoting while editing a post?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Usually the way I work around this is press quote on the person's post, in the 'new post' windows I click on the 'handle' on their post:

image.png.8251b03737884c1612611ee1d28f3a03.png

Press Ctrl+C and then just paste it in the post I am editing.

It's also a funny way to quote a post that was made just now, in an earlier made post of your own* :P 

But this obviously will not work on mobile for example. Or maybe it will, never tried it.

So if it's not possible for the forum devs to implement, you can always kinda do it yourself.

*Proof this works:

Spoiler
Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

It's confirmed: minibois is a LTT forum god :P 

Anyways. Thanks for the tip. I just wanted a more streamlined method of doing it :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Usually the way I work around this is press quote on the person's post, in the 'new post' windows I click on the 'handle' on their post:

image.png.8251b03737884c1612611ee1d28f3a03.png

Press Ctrl+C and then just paste it in the post I am editing.

It's also a funny way to quote a post that was made just now, in an earlier made post of your own :P 

But this obviously will not work on mobile for example. Or maybe it will, never tried it.

So if it's not possible for the forum devs to implement, you can always kinda do it yourself.

It's confirmed: minibois is a LTT forum god :P 

Anyways. Thanks for the tip. I just wanted a more streamlined method of doing it :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It makes sense, but how would you envision it working? In the pathological case you can be editing multiple posts in the topic, and writing another new one, all at the same time.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

you can be editing multiple posts in the topic, and writing another new one, all at the same time.

Who's nutts enough to do that? I didn't even know you could do that. I wish it would just put the intended quote in whichever box your [typing] cursor is blinking in.

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It makes sense, but how would you envision it working? In the pathological case you can be editing multiple posts in the topic, and writing another new one, all at the same time.

I see your point there... Maybe if you control+clicked the quote button it would quote to the edit instead of the new post. But of course if you are editing multible posts at the same time (which is a totally crazy thing that I didn't know you could do) then it would create a problem. 

This thread is just me thinking aloud :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Who's nutts enough to do that? I didn't even know you could do that. I wish it would just put the intended quote in whichever box your [typing] cursor is blinking in.

Current/last used editor makes a lot of sense actually. I've spent this evening implementing that, and it will come to a forum near you at some point in the next update.

HTTP/2 203

49 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Current/last used editor makes a lot of sense actually. I've spent this evening implementing that, and it will come to a forum near you at some point in the next update.

That sounds useful. So what is "current/last editor" and how would/does it work?

9 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

That sounds useful. So what is "current/last editor" and how would/does it work?

It will use the editor that you clicked on most recently

HTTP/2 203

12 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I don't know if you do beta test or someting like it when rolling out new features for the forum, but if you do I'll be more than happy to test for you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 1/27/2016 at 3:21 PM, Uptivuptiz said:

Hello

I've got a problem with my Acer Aspire V5-573G.

I have an extra screen plugged in to the pc and when ever i watch a video in fullscreen on the extra monitor there goes a random amount of time, then my screen starts flickering (sometimes the pc crashes) and a annotation pops up stating: "Your intel graphics driver stopped responding". I have tried to update my intel driver but when i do it says that i don't have the minimm system requirements.

Link to CPU: http://ark.intel.com/products/75459/Intel-Core-i5-4200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_60-GHz

Please help.

Thank you.

Typically when I forget to quote, I just quote, copy the quote, then edit my post and paste it.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, that's clunky as all hell.

Though it does demonstrate that it's in some way possible.

Edit: Whoops, looks like someone already cover that.