Curious are these extensions Safe, Secure, and the best at what they do?

A lot of chrome extensions leak data, are unsecure, or just terrible at what they do. I don't know everything so I imagine some of u fine folk could have some alternatives that are safer, and do a better job then the ones I have listed. Any help would be appreciated. 

TLDR:
- No i won't move to FireFox

- Yes I know its a long post.... Just text tho made it super ugly and uninviting to look at. Hence the images.

Chrome Extensions :

C8BIERFXSplmO8NoqVO1QI-vJLoxeoQB4VFp1zpwLP81r45D_dEvMCy5cBj7ylnehVF1vblgWgXi0docFVkGZ54vN6kwQBPDe7olqDeKrnxflt4rdlkOUjjhQfMLDe717li3Y_is

OneTab

Saves the links for the tabs you’re using into a SINGLE big tab that you can come back to later. Or you can use it to pause a project you’re working on now to start another one. Saves 95% of memory by doing this on all current tabs.

Agi_b6bXVfXUJmuoG7ZDIvIIMs6wXYjPfZx8ZGSji4BpFzEJx4yWY3p3hmESQNgM1VJ6bwXCot1vFlL6VqNQCIHuM7sdVr_otYaVYttiawu1sEZXZ49Hy_Cz_GkD4GSudMQ3I_Nb

HTTPS Everywhere

Encrypt the Web! Automatically use HTTPS security on many sites.

n43Yuxr1hRowc0m6tX2ox2cBgqLjHXvNEjygRKXz2N3ljSNc8skZSoYiIufg_EzNbXNIEG1SO3dKGIwSmCd2AYatx8t_7WpJBbG1qQ9NkQnAYhlQWNDe-1w1HVk1KmGOVckQ0vKu

Google Docs Offline

Edit, create, and view your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations — all without internet access.

0lzJeMGn3H3I1j-MRqo3YksgY1kbTO-J6r1pT3FbE8GaBBoBYiM-syz3oopTrc-zZFovglteFRGfn0eEHiS3sb2zibIpnxUnJtknX1qioOhEsDIp-ZjoFeiUFIbRTo0cDA56jtHa

minerBlock

Blocks cryptocurrency miners all over the web.

_Z4iOpTLfkfofkkjOiDQUbAuojXb5p9_IQCrcwb7w3AelIX9Q8yMOnjL1Tmc4pTXOp5hzrHmzvbONc-s3rWvBvM0aKUIddCCwb4CiKqA199QfQdrj-e0hhI3zE17ZCK_8kj7wEYk

Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader

Read out loud the current web-page article with one click. Supports 40+ languages.

n9aZkHLqHY98gpE1sfwoFkedefcveIVV0h_VIry7I7tbFbXORRX3Pb0zNFLSVGmY68kZLSoY-Q7T-STyz_5A_jEhM4OkNRnzAyGforL-2jwGb9an-0X7trEUxPT7jjjkocnz_Z1B

Quick Compose for Gmail™

Quickly open the compose window of Gmail. Keyboard Shortcut: Alt + C.

Extension Icon

ScriptBlock

A smart extension that controls javascript, iframes, and plugins on Google Chrome.

Extension Icon

Tab for a Cause

Raise money for charity with every browser tab you open!

Extension Icon

Tampermonkey

The world's most popular userscript manager

Extension Icon

The Camelizer

Easily view historical pricing data from camelcamelcamel.com.

Extension Icon

YouTube Control Center

YouTube popup pause and resume as well as no buffer, HD quality, wide screen, ...

Extension Icon

Adblock for Youtube

Removes ads from Youtube

Extension Icon

AdBlock — best ad blocker

Block ads and pop-ups on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and your favorite websites.

Extension Icon

Send Anywhere (For Gmail/Slack)

Share large files up to 50GBs on Gmail/ Slack! More easy and efficient!

Extension Icon

Application Launcher for Drive (by Google)

Open Drive files directly from your browser in compatible applications installed on your computer.

Extension Icon

Chrono Download Manager

Download Manager | Video Downloader | Bulk Image Downloader

Extension Icon

Cisco Webex Extension

Join Webex meetings using Google Chrome

Extension Icon

Clipboard History Pro: best productivity tool

Clipboard manager extension for your browser: history of copied text, sync clipboard items, instant paste

Extension Icon

Dark Reader

Dark mode for every website. Take care of your eyes, use dark theme for night and daily browsing.

Extension Icon

Disable HTML5 Autoplay

Disables autoplay of all HTML5 audio and video

Extension Icon

Ecosia - The search engine that plants trees

This extension sets your search engine to Ecosia and customizes your new tab page so you can plant trees with every search.

Extension Icon

Enhanced Steam

Enhances the Steam Experience

Extension Icon

Fair AdBlocker

Block annoying ads, popups, malware and tracking (even on Facebook & Youtube), browse faster, and protect your privacy.

Extension Icon

Flash Video Downloader

Popular Video Downloader. Downloads most popular media formats like flash, videos, audios.

Extension Icon

IE Tab

Display web pages using IE within Chrome. Use Java, Silverlight, ActiveX, Sharepoint, and more.

R5TFfK7_ee6Wj88x12-_bRlh0Tv4cyMr5VkQoEigNloWYrxkd3pFdJnzikB2HIO0bBAzjMv0w7hY_W1tOAU33no2EhROyO48qdp6yJh_ujTZ0zaOr9JpxolnuTETi5iHlVwAOVkd

Absolute Enable Right Click & Copy

Force Enable Right Click & Copy in almost ANY instance.

Dont know much but the ad blocker already blcoks ad from youtube. YOu dont need the exclusive youtube one ( i used it so i know)

5 minutes ago, LitTrash said:

Dont know much but the ad blocker already blcoks ad from youtube. YOu dont need the exclusive youtube one ( i used it so i know)

True true. My reasoning I guess is that I don't like how AdBlock does it so I prefer to use the other one. I've been having issues with AdBlock so thats my solution.

If i may ask do u mind sharing what your extensions are. Might be able to use some I never heard of.

- U can do it easily by right clicking your extensions in the top right.

- And then click manage extensions. Click the back arrow to then see all your extensions. U can then select it all and copy it into the reply section to make a quick list. :)

14 minutes ago, Micro_Voidster said:

True true. My reasoning I guess is that I don't like how AdBlock does it so I prefer to use the other one. I've been having issues with AdBlock so thats my solution.

If i may ask do u mind sharing what your extensions are. Might be able to use some I never heard of.

- U can do it easily by right clicking your extensions in the top right.

- And then click manage extensions. Click the back arrow to then see all your extensions. U can then select it all and copy it into the reply section to make a quick list. :)

sCREEN SCASTIFY IS NOT GOOD IT WAS FOR SCHOOL BTW
wIKIBUY AND HONEY GIVES YOU COUPONS AND DEALS IDK BOUT YOU BUT AD BLOCK WORKED FINE BY ITSELF
image.png.af7afa5dabdba264c0830c9636ceab9a.png
Ad-Blocker
Ad-Blocker is the best ad blocker for your web browser. It can block tracking scripts, banners, annoying pop-up ads and much more.
DetailsRemove

image.png.531bcbdfdbb75cdafe08423840206d03.png
Google Docs Offline
Edit, create, and view your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations — all without internet access.
DetailsRemove

image.png.01cb9f21b78eed0d0f7f696c7ed3d5f7.png
Grammarly for Chrome
Write your best with Grammarly for Chrome.
DetailsRemove

image.png.b3706d562a8c3d4f58f27f785e7f60ea.png
Honey
Automatically find and apply coupon codes when you shop online!
DetailsRemove

image.png.879db831e13eae57b7dafc3b4106c57c.png
Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder
The #1 screen recorder for Chrome. Capture, edit and share videos in seconds.
DetailsRemove

image.png.ca673bac874c4ee984b6058483c34c78.png
Wikibuy from Capital One
Get coupon codes, loyalty rewards, and better offers from other sellers. By installing, you agree to the terms at wikibuy.com.

1 minute ago, LitTrash said:
wIKIBUY AND HONEY GIVES YOU COUPONS AND DEALS IDK BOUT YOU BUT AD BLOCK WORKED FINE BY ITSELF
image.png.af7afa5dabdba264c0830c9636ceab9a.png
Ad-Blocker
Ad-Blocker is the best ad blocker for your web browser. It can block tracking scripts, banners, annoying pop-up ads and much more.
DetailsRemove

image.png.531bcbdfdbb75cdafe08423840206d03.png
Google Docs Offline
DetailsRemove

image.png.01cb9f21b78eed0d0f7f696c7ed3d5f7.png
Grammarly for Chrome
Write your best with Grammarly for Chrome.
DetailsRemove

image.png.b3706d562a8c3d4f58f27f785e7f60ea.png
Honey
Automatically find and apply coupon codes when you shop online!
DetailsRemove

image.png.879db831e13eae57b7dafc3b4106c57c.png
Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder
The #1 screen recorder for Chrome. Capture, edit and share videos in seconds.
DetailsRemove

image.png.ca673bac874c4ee984b6058483c34c78.png
Wikibuy from Capital One
Get coupon codes, loyalty rewards, and better offers from other sellers. By installing, you agree to the terms at wikibuy.com.

U have only a few damn I thought I had like none compared to those I've seen from others. 

Do u use OBS I'm Guessing to screen record on your PC? Thats what I use now

2 minutes ago, Micro_Voidster said:

U have only a few damn I thought I had like none compared to those I've seen from others. 

Do u use OBS I'm Guessing to screen record on your PC? Thats what I use now

OBS is good,  BTW i am not a computer expert.

I havent even bilt one yet i think im either gonna use obs or the elgato when i get it.

Just now, LitTrash said:

OBS is good,  BTW i am not a computer expert.

I havent even bilt one yet i think im either gonna use obs or the elgato when i get it.

OBS is pretty great and lol its fine, u don't need to be an expert to help ppl on this forum. Just don't bullshit ppl and do the best with the knowledge and capability u have at the time of helping them.

That will make u a great forum contributor here and also a great human being. :)

Goodluck mate!

2 hours ago, Micro_Voidster said:

Agi_b6bXVfXUJmuoG7ZDIvIIMs6wXYjPfZx8ZGSji4BpFzEJx4yWY3p3hmESQNgM1VJ6bwXCot1vFlL6VqNQCIHuM7sdVr_otYaVYttiawu1sEZXZ49Hy_Cz_GkD4GSudMQ3I_Nb

HTTPS Everywhere

Encrypt the Web! Automatically use HTTPS security on many sites.

This is complete BS! TLS has to run on the hosting server to be "secure".

The charity ones are only I would need to check up. Like what kind of foundation they are for, are they developed by said foundation and so on. Or are they just something with fancy names connected to click-ad-generator making money for some internet creep.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/24/2020 at 4:40 PM, AbsoluteFool said:

This is complete BS! TLS has to run on the hosting server to be "secure".

I've used it and it does seem to have the little lock feature that Chrome uses to tell if it is HTTPS also the address in websites I know aren't https show it. 

Plz elaborate

On 2/25/2020 at 1:23 AM, LogicalDrm said:

The charity ones are only I would need to check up. Like what kind of foundation they are for, are they developed by said foundation and so on. Or are they just something with fancy names connected to click-ad-generator making money for some internet creep.

Good point will look into it. 

1 hour ago, Micro_Voidster said:

I've used it and it does seem to have the little lock feature that Chrome uses to tell if it is HTTPS also the address in websites I know aren't https show it. 

Plz elaborate

HTTPS doesen't mean much.. a TLS certificate should always be on the host server. If you have a unprotected host server your connection using this will only protect from your client (browser) to their servers, where it will be unprotected the rest of the way to the host machine.

Also HTTPS is not the same as safe. if the host machine (or the client for that matter) is compromised it's already gg long before the TLS have any meaning at all. 

9 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

HTTPS doesen't mean much.. a TLS certificate should always be on the host server. If you have a unprotected host server your connection using this will only protect from your client (browser) to their servers, where it will be unprotected the rest of the way to the host machine.

Also HTTPS is not the same as safe. if the host machine (or the client for that matter) is compromised it's already gg long before the TLS have any meaning at all. 

A few questions:

- Alrit then is there anyway to get true https working?

- Do you know of any extensions that actually can do this?

- What is your setup for having https as close to everywhere u can?

- u seem to know a good bit about software and its security do u mind showing what u use as a good example for folks like me who arent super versed on it.

5 hours ago, Micro_Voidster said:

A few questions:

- Alrit then is there anyway to get true https working?

- Do you know of any extensions that actually can do this?

- What is your setup for having https as close to everywhere u can?

- u seem to know a good bit about software and its security do u mind showing what u use as a good example for folks like me who arent super versed on it.

- Not unless the site owner install a TLS certificate.

- No. It will not work 100% no matter what extention you use for this. It will always be a "mimic", meaning not true.

- I don't use sites that's not HTTPS normally. and if i do i don't use forms etc on the site.

I really don't put information onto sites that i don't trust. HTTPS is not really important if you are reading some text on a site, i also don't really care about the TLS because HTTPS doesen't mean that my information is safe. Website owners often put it up and forget it while their servers are comprimised so it really doesen't have any effect.

The only reason to trust a site with a TLS is do you trust the system admin of that server? Most likely this is no..