To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b

Is there such a think as a custom-keyboard (programmed to input pre-set commands)?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi!

So I use Google Docs all day long. And I need to do a lot of formatting. And I am really getting tired of the constant Underline, Bold, Italics, Highlight commands (the highlight command does not even have a keyboard shortcut).

I just had a thought. Is there a "keyboard" that can be programmed to do one-button commands? 

Advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks!!!

2 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

I just had a thought. Is there a "keyboard" that can be programmed to do one-button commands?

What you're looking for is a macro and there are a LOT of keyboards with macro-keys on them. You can also buy a separate device with macro-buttons on it, if you don't want to replace your keyboard.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You can do this with any keyboard using a software like AutoHotKey (let me know if you want more info), or this can be done natively with many keyboards too, for example if they have QMMK firmware or have programs like iCUE/Razer Synapse to work with.

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Taran has a video on this

Main Rig: Custom Built: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G @ 3.6Ghz, 2x8GB Kingston Valueram @ 2666Mhz, Radeon Vega 8, Gigabyte A320M-S2H, Kingston 120Gb M.2 SSD,WD Blue 2.5 Inch 1tb HDD,Cooler Master MWE450, Aerocool CS-100

Laptop: HP ProBook X360 G1 EE: Pentium N4200 @ 1.1Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz 128Gb SSD
NAS Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010: Dual core Celeron G1610 @ 2.6Ghz 4GB DDR3 Ram, 500GB Single HDD

Mothballed Optiplex: Dual core Celeron G1810, 4Gb Ram, 250Gb HDD