Kailh Box Red question

Hi, I am deciding to get the Kailh box red for a build with the GMMK TKL, but I heard that the switches have some pinging issues. How severe are the pinging on the switches? I'm also thinking of buying the BOX Blacks but I have no idea if I would like the extra weighting because I am used to the Romer-G tactile switches and the weightings on the MX Blue 

Pretty much the ping is similar to other similar switches like MX reds although slightly more audible. Have you tried those chinese linear clones like Outemu reds? Those ping like heck so the kailh ping is somewhat in the middle of the cheap chinese linears and other linear switches that are pricier (at least that is how I heard the switches). 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

9 minutes ago, VenomizerX said:

Pretty much the ping is similar to other similar switches like MX reds although slightly more audible

You tried it or just saying? @seon123 @geo3 Is this statement true or just opinion? For me at least it's quite the opposite, but maybe it's just me?

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

You tried it or just saying? @seon123 @geo3 Is this statement true or just opinion? For me at least it's quite the opposite, but maybe it's just me?

Well I have a cherry mx red and an outemu red although I've only heard kailh reds in videos maybe it is maybe it isn't. After all ping volume could also be affected by plate material and keyboard frame & contruction.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

42 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't have much to compare with, but comparing the spring ping of the Box switches to those of 67g Durock springs, the lighter Box switches ping more, the heavier ping less.

:)

12 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

All springs ping. Period.

It's useless to compare relative amounts ping between switches when they reside in different plates and cases.

Case and plate materiel effect how the ping reverbs and escapes to your ears.

Dampening foam and heavier keycaps do help somewhat. Lubing the springs is the only effective way of truly reducing it.