Validating idea for Unraid build

Eddyall_

So as I've mentioned in a previous thread, I've moved to Linux, however I still have some game that either only work on Windows or would just be more simple to run on it. One thing I'm having a bit of difficulty seeing if viable is how hard/what would be needed to have a decent experience with running a gaming VM remotly on an Unraid machine and pushing it on my main gaming rig? Since the solution to run a gaming VM on the same machine require 2 GPUs if not video cards I figure I might as well put the second in the Unraid machine and have it do other stuff while it's not running a VM.

ATM, Unraid machine is planed to be either a 3600x/3700x on x570, with a GTX 570 I already got lying around that's plenty good to run the game I'd want it to run ATM (at least not in a VM)

Thanks for the help.

Personally if you're already aware running a Windows VM on a Linux desktop will require 2 GPUs I'd opt to do that anyways instead of an UnRAID build because when you aren't using the Windows VM you can quickly/easily turn it off and switch on a different VM for Folding/BOINC, compute, PLEX, compiling, or whatever else you need the GPU to do while not using Windows.

I have a tutorial on how you can do this.

I'd rather do it on the Unraid machine as it'd probably be easier to route VR to it rather than my main rig.