Download 600GB file

Anyone know a more efficient way to download a single 600GB file? Or better yet transfer straight from the website to Google Drive.  Heard of MultcCloud but not interested in account for a one time use and the free acct limit is 30GB per month.

Why are you trying to download the internet as a single file that's 600GB. That kind of download size is usually best served as a torrent. So you can take your time downloading it. (Or use softwares like Jdownloader)

A more efficient way would be to either buy faster internet access (if available) or if you know the person who uploaded that, somehow get them to ship a hard drive with the data on it to you.

Otherwise, you might just have to get some sort of paid account solution to do what you need like you've mentioned.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Anyone know a more efficient way to download a single 600GB file? Or better yet transfer straight from the website to Google Drive.  Heard of MultcCloud but not interested in account for a one time use and the free acct limit is 30GB per month.

Oh damn my man. Oh damn. well, I mean if you have hard drives, then you're screwed, if you have a single ssd, you;re screwed, if you have 2, probably screwed, 3+, or better yet, a high-capaicty nvme or multiple, just set the raid to 0 and try it, becuase it'll push the data out to all the drives, so that each takes a portion of the data at it's max speed, esentially, if you have 2 ssd's, then when you them to raid 0, it'll downlaod and upload things 2x as fast. Get my point? 600gb is a big rip unless you can tolerate downloading for like 1 day+ on a hard drive, and 1 day+ again to upload it to drive.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

I would try hooking up your Ethernet straight to the router, putting it on an ssd, and getting a long night of sleep and see where it’s at in the morning.

I have come across smaller downloads, such as when I downloaded a set of music production plugins, about 170GB. I hooked up a gigabit Ethernet wire and left it overnight. 

ended up taking a total of 13 hours but was easier than getting some other obscure solution. 

With yours, it might take 40+ hours at that speed so hopefully you have fast internet!

good luck!

Thanks all for the suggestions. For reference, the files are on archive.org. Basically this guy and his friend and his friend (there is a TEd talk on it) decided to see if they could create every melody combination possible and so apparently there are two separate 600GB files of MIDI files he uploaded. If I'm not mistaken,something like 68 Billion melodies.

18 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

As long as the server supports it, you can use wget with the "-c" switch to continue a download if it becomes interrupted.

wget -c "URL_TO_FILE_HERE"

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

How fast is your internet speed? It may not be as daunting as you think. 

Gigabit could download that in about 80 minutes, 250Mbit in a little over 5 hours, etc. That said, the site would need to support those speeds.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20