best 500gb ssd?

angryx

i want to upgrade my laptop so i need a cheap but good 500gb ssd. any idea what to get?

i can buy only on amazon

Depends on what your demands in the SSD are (speed vs. endurance vs. price) and what your system can take (M.2 SATA? M.2 PCIE? SATA 2.5"?)

In general, the ADATA SX8200, Samsung 860 EVO, Intel 660p and Crucial MX500 are good options. But they do have kind of a different target market.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

im using my laptop for internet browsing and youtube, i need not the most expensive one just for that purpose. 2.5 ssd.

1 minute ago, angryx said:

im using my laptop for internet browsing and youtube, i need not the most expensive one just for that purpose. 2.5 ssd.

I'm partial to the WD blue SATA drives for affordability and good performance for a SATA device. Not super expensive, DRAM cache, and a design that has been around for a long time(based on the SanDisk X400)

WD Blue over Green for an OS drive.

Youd hear a lot, HEAVY WRITES will slow it down.

Get an SSD with DRAM.

Dramless SSD Windows10 is still Noticible vs DramSSDs.

I just switched due to excessive slowdowns when doing VARIOUS different tasks on different days.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz