Please halp meh with my device manager query.

Go to solution Solved by Pickles von Brine,

Uh... first off, why on god's green earth did you do that? Just install stuff inside of folders vs partitions. WAY easier to manage. You won't "gum up" or slow your computer just because you have a bunch of data. 

You will need to back off all the data from each of the partitions you want to delete. Then you need to use a program like Mini Partition Wizard to move and resize them. 

Sometimes you get lucky and can just delete a partitiion in the storage manager, then you can expand the partition. Other times you may not get so lucky. 

Sometimes if things are bad enough, you have to back everything off, wipe the machine and start over. Also, there is no way to "merge" partitions either. 

So, I'm slightly worried. Is it possible that I could rejoin any partitions that have the same name without deleting any of them? Or is this even a problem? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.f77f62b3dfdfcc5db6b7c057cf056b28.png

Uh... first off, why on god's green earth did you do that? Just install stuff inside of folders vs partitions. WAY easier to manage. You won't "gum up" or slow your computer just because you have a bunch of data. 

You will need to back off all the data from each of the partitions you want to delete. Then you need to use a program like Mini Partition Wizard to move and resize them. 

Sometimes you get lucky and can just delete a partitiion in the storage manager, then you can expand the partition. Other times you may not get so lucky. 

Sometimes if things are bad enough, you have to back everything off, wipe the machine and start over. Also, there is no way to "merge" partitions either. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

5 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

ok will do, thanks for replyin.

2 minutes ago, FartyArtyPartyPooper said:

ok will do, thanks for replyin.

No problem. Sorry about coming across so strongly. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Well if you delete few partitions you can expand the ones you want to keep, but ye 1st step is data backup

Some good partition managers have option to join partitions without losing data.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:24 PM, Lord Xeb said:

No problem. Sorry about coming across so strongly. 

image.png.e5eb3862a42b79008c1ceb0e9ebbcafc.png
I actually may have found a better solution. Install a hard drive and an SSD that I randomly have into the computer. Can't believe I didn't think of this and I'm quite surprised I have them.

BTW, the Main SSD, I already had.

The new SSD is the H drive and the new HDD is the G drive.

3 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Some good partition managers have option to join partitions without losing data.

This is true, but with my sample size of a single manager that I downloaded and tried to use for a total of 1.29475 minutes, they asked me to pay money for that feature so I most obviously gave up on that route.

I'm not lazy I swear.