Riozaki

Hey guys.... i need your help guys... really2 need your help.... i know that you all are expert in modify software and hardware especially linus and anthony... im always watch your youtube channel... and i really wish have 1 of those pc that linus have ?... but it just a dream... im a poor guy... i only have the old laptop acer aspire 4755G core i5 2410m... and really wanna play lates game so bad... i bought gdc Dock mini pci e cable and a second hand gpu asus 1070 strix oc 8gb.... and i already did all the setting... but still the graphic card not detected on my device manager... and i feel so bad and just a waste if the gpu doesnt work... i dont hv plenty of money?? in thinking to upgrade my cpu... used cpu... core i7 2860qm... please help me guys.... and by the way Congrats LTT for getting 10 million subscriber this year on your youtube channel

image.jpg

You want to put a desktop gpu in an 8 year old laptop with no thunderbolt port.  That... can’t work. 

note: it appears “can’t” is being viewed in the broadest possible way here. “Can’t in an usefully effective way” might be better.

Edited by Bombastinator
Note added

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That... can’t work

It can when using the pcie 1x m.2 key de for the laptop. 

Not all laptops are able to do that tho iirc. 

Rule:

1. only one do (.) not ( ........)

2. stop begging for help for god sake.

3. stop saying poor and i dont have money shit. it's super annoying just get down to the problem.

@Bombastinator its possible using chinese wire. some sort of using pcle slot from wifi card i believed. so in the end the wifi card needs to be put outside. but not every laptop capable.

and 1070 is overkill. why not something like 560 or 1050 gosh. 

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

It can when using the pcie 1x m.2 key de for the laptop. 

Not all laptops are able to do that tho iirc. 

I don’t think m key m.2 was even available on laptops in 2011. B key maybe I guess.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

Rule:

3. stop saying poor and i dont have money shit. it's super annoying just get down to the problem.

@Bombastinator its possible using chinese wire. some sort of using pcle slot from wifi card i believed. so in the end the wifi card needs to be put outside. but not every laptop capable.

E key is 1 x pcie 3.0.  That’s not much bandwidth for a gpu.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

E key is 1 x pcie 3.0.  That’s not much bandwidth for a gpu.

yeah especially 1070

4 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

yeah especially 1070

That laptop apparently has a discrete 1050ti so it would need to be faster than that.  I can’t find any motherboard shots so I can’t tell if the discrete card was on a connector or if the gpu was part of the board.  It’s bare outside possible the thing is on a replacable card or that there is a connector on the board that wasn’t populated by a card.  There seems to only be one discrete gpu offered though so my suspicion is no.  

IF there is a connector for a GPU it might be possible.  I’m not seeing any indicator that there ever was one in the literature.

20 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

Rule:

Did i ask you the rule? Im asking for help... you are more super duper annoying... dont answer if dont understand the question.. i do not really need your help person like you so im not begging you for help... idiot

10 minutes ago, Riozaki said:

Did i ask you the rule? Im asking for help... you are more super duper annoying... dont answer if dont understand the question.. i do not really need your help person like you so im not begging you for help... idiot

i did help. i did warn you and you insult me. very educated person

also your grammar basically trash

22 hours ago, Riozaki said:

Hey guys.... i need your help guys... really2 need your help.... i know that you all are expert in modify software and hardware especially linus and anthony... im always watch your youtube channel... and i really wish have 1 of those pc that linus have ?... but it just a dream... im a poor guy... i only have the old laptop acer aspire 4755G core i5 2410m... and really wanna play lates game so bad... i bought gdc Dock mini pci e cable and a second hand gpu asus 1070 strix oc 8gb.... and i already did all the setting... but still the graphic card not detected on my device manager... and i feel so bad and just a waste if the gpu doesnt work... i dont hv plenty of money?? in thinking to upgrade my cpu... used cpu... core i7 2860qm... please help me guys.... and by the way Congrats LTT for getting 10 million subscriber this year on your youtube channel

image.jpg

Dude. Sell the laptop and card and get a PC. Also a 1070 is way too much for that little i5

So what it seems to me is that there is a bare tiny chance that IF that particular laptop has a particular kind of adaptor that is no longer documented because the machine is old. AND IF you can get a cable that converts that adaptor from whatever it is (possibly m.2 of some sort) to pcie, and you open up your machine, find this might-not-exist port, put this might-not-exist cable into it, run it outside the machine, and connect it to the 1070, you will have a no longer-a-laptop with not much cpu but a whole lot of gpu compared to what it is.  So “can’t” is arguably wrong.