Is Nintendo Switch Online worth paying for?

GamerBlake

I just got a Nintendo Switch this week and I’m wondering if Online is worth buying?

Its like $3.99/month or $19.99/year which isn’t much but is it worth the benefits?

Do any other Switch owners who have used it have any recommendations on if I should subscribe?

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Yeah, its only $20, probably worth it even just for the NES and SNES games you get with it.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Just now, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah, its only $20, probably worth it even just for the NES and SNES games you get with it.

Oh ok do you have it yourself?

What are some good NES/SNES games?

Ive always wanted to play Dragon Quest ? 

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Just now, GamerBlake said:

Oh ok do you have it yourself?

Ive always wanted to play Dragon Quest ? 

Yeah I have it, I don't have a full list, but I'm sure Nintendo has the list on their site.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

This is such a subjective question. No one can answer this for you besides your self. If you can afford $20 and will use the online or play the old games then it’s probably worth it. If you won’t then no it’s not.

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

This is such a subjective question. No one can answer this for you besides your self. If you can afford $20 and will use the online or play the old games then it’s probably worth it. If you won’t then no it’s not.

I’m asking for other people’s opinions. I know only I can decide but others can tell me if they are happy with it or if they tried it and decided not to get it. ??‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Theguywhobea said:

of course all of the mario games ephasis on super mario world, a link to the past, if your on this forum i would not suggest star fox it runs at like 10 fps,f-zero is amazing, and so is super mario kart, kirby games are fun too

I think that they can do a lot more with nintendo switch online the NES and SNES games are alright if you are into old school games but the online aspect of the switch is not worth paying for. in my experience its slow and laggy and drops out a lot. I say all this but i still pay for it. god damn nintendo.

I mean, it's $20.  It's fine.

You get the NES and SNES games.  They have Kirby games, including Kirby's Adventure.  They have Metroid and Super Metroid, some Legend of Zeldas, F-Zero.  They have good games that are worth it on that, imo.  

As for online.  It's... okay.  Definitely not the best.  I have had very rare issues with Mario Maker 2 and Smash Bros Ultimate online.  Usually Splatoon 2 is pretty smooth for me.  Sometimes you get a couple network errors with that.  But I mean, I have a little over 600 hours in the game, and I've never once been like, "THE ONLINE IS COMPLETELY BROKEN"

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.