SSD for Render Server?

Required

Hi

I created my own Map the Output Tiles the biggest one have ~50KB the smallest <5KB. There are Tousands Files. The City of Vienna have ~501.000 Single Files.
It take ~3 Days to render them for Vienna and I want to increase the Speed. The City of Vienna have "just" 2GB Space so I guess the hole Map for Austria will be under 1TB.

Maybe Europe will be under 1TB.

Is there an (used?) SSD who is design who write 24/7 that Data?

For Vienna the Server need 3 Days to render... I must get the Time down.

So I use an HP Storage Server with an ESXi. And 2x this CPU:  https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/37109/intel-xeon-processor-x5560-8m-cache-2-80-ghz-6-40-gt-s-intel-qpi.html

The run mostly in idle since my verious Win7 Machines dont do anything from the CPU Perspective.

Another problem is internally I have only space in a PCI-E Slot. I dont know which speed the Support.

A Stupid idea should I use an SSD in an USB 3.0 Case like this: https://www.delock.de/produkte/673_SSD/42598/merkmale.html ?

Thanks!

From AT. :x

The most suitable drive would be SLC or MLC such as the Samsungs 860-970 PRO. You should look for an SSD that says that the Memory is "SLC" or "MLC" - both have similar endurance, and SLC are slightly quicker to read/write (but more expensive).

If you have a PCI slot, you can get an NVME adaptor and stick a 970 Pro in it, for example. (Spanish link to one: https://www.pccomponentes.com/silverstone-ecm21-adaptador-m2-a-pcie-x4?utm_campaign=afiliados&utm_source=effi-1395084383, you can find similar in amazon in your contry or wherever)

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

No idea what are you talking about lol but if you want write-heavy SSD nothing will top Samsung 970 Pro but it's fairly expensive and you probably don't need 2GB\s continous write speed either so Phison E12 based SSD like Corsair MP510, Team MP34, Inland Premium etc (see SSD tier list on this forum) would be a good alternative.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Have you determined that storage is your bottleneck? Are you currently running the tasks on a hard drive?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

11 minutes ago, Xaring said:

If you have a PCI slot, you can get an NVME adaptor

The problem the chipset must be compatible with the ESXi.

Now I have 2x USB 3.0 Cards who should work but the ESXi crash when the Card is in Passtruth Mode.

So I am away what I conntect.

12 minutes ago, Juular said:

No idea what are you talking about

Why do you replay?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=qgis+tile+export

Just now, jj9987 said:

Have you determined that storage is your bottleneck? Are you currently running the tasks on a hard drive?

Well currently the use only 2 threds  (or how that called in english). I look for a way to use all Cores of the CPU.

Currently the write into a Raid with 10k RPM Server Storage Drives. So the are not "that" bad. I only see the Output in %.

So I will increase everything to get the best result and a fast speed. I am not happy when/  if the European Map need 1 Month to render. That must go quicker...

4 hours ago, Required said:

Well currently the use only 2 threds  (or how that called in english). I look for a way to use all Cores of the CPU.

Currently the write into a Raid with 10k RPM Server Storage Drives. So the are not "that" bad. I only see the Output in %.

So I will increase everything to get the best result and a fast speed. I am not happy when/  if the European Map need 1 Month to render. That must go quicker...

CPU usage doesn't show enough information - check disk usage.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

44 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

check disk usage.

How?

If you want an affordable retail drive, the WD SN750 is probably the best bet.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I found that:

I found them for 100€ shipped with import Tax. Does the 800gb is faster than other ssd?