I have a Wifi 6 router but I don't have wifi 6 on my pc

Silencix

Hello everyone, I have a router with Wi-Fi 6 and on my PC I have a TL-WN781ND Wi-Fi pci board. It turns out that the adapter does not even grab the frequency of 5Hz or Wi-Fi 6. I know that the Wi-Fi adapter is not the latest generation or high-end but I ask you, is there any way to update the Wi-Fi drivers to connect to Wi-Fi 6?
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards.

Surprise. You need a IEEE 802.11ax (wifi 6) wireless card. Your card is N 2,4ghz ( IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b ) https://www.tp-link.com/il/home-networking/adapter/tl-wn781nd/#specifications

You can get this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kCzFf7/asus-pce-ax58bt-pcie-x1-wi-fi-adapter-pce-ax58bt

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

19 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Wouldnt life be great if you could have an update and suddenly everything works so much better.

No. 

*wants an update too*.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just update the card. End of story :)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I did think ax would at least default down to b/g/N.  Sort of lobotomizes the ax, but I thought it would work.  *sigh*. I’m gonna have to go through all my crud too and find out what my oldest stuff is.  I might still have some b/g only lying about.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I did think ax would at least default down to b/g/N.

That's not how it works. 802.11ax is 802.11ax, no matter what frequency it is on. You can for example have 802.11n on either/both 2.4GHz and 5GHz -- it's not the 802.11ax that has to "default down to b/g/N" since it has nothing to do with that, it's the access-point that has to allow downgrading from 802.11ax to 802.11b/g/n.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

That's not how it works. 802.11ax is 802.11ax, no matter what frequency it is on. You can for example have 802.11n on either/both 2.4GHz and 5GHz -- it's not the 802.11ax that has to "default down to b/g/N" since it has nothing to do with that, it's the access-point that has to allow downgrading from 802.11ax to 802.11b/g/n.

Yes.  That’s what I thought I said.  Point of language I think.  To be more accurate I thought pretty much anything that had ax would be: a/b/g/N/ac/ax (I may have missed a few there) 

it will have both a 5ghz and 2.4ghz antenna.  IIrc b/g/N devices are missing either the 2.4 or 5ghz antennas. I forget which.  It’s why a was actually handy for a while.  It was dirt slow but tended to be an empty band.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

IIrc b/g/N devices are missing either the 2.4 or 5ghz antennas. I forget which.  It’s why a was actually handy for a while.  It was dirt slow but tended to be an empty band.

Both 802.11b and 802.11g operate only on the 2.4GHz - band, 802.11n can operate on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I don't get what you mean with the "it was dirt slow but tended to be an empty band", since 5GHz is still rather empty in many places, but allows for much faster speeds than 2.4GHz and vice versa.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

An 802.11ax router still operates on any of the options available on those bands. An 802.11ax Router will still allow an N or G device to connect at N or G speeds. The issue becomes that the slower devices take up more airtime causing less to be available to the AX devices. Since 802.11ax devices are still new no company would sale an 802.11ax only device. 

Final Note Wifi6 requires certain hardware to support the new features as such a device built w/o wifi6 will most likely not support wifi6 at any time.