Some websites work, some don't

Nexblitzer

So after replacing a router with a new Telstra smart modem for some reason only certain websites work like YouTube, Google web browsing, a few of chrome extentions (basically only adblocker) and Facebook and Instagram. All other sites never load, and just say it took took too long to load the page. This all happened after the installation of the Telstra smart modem. One other thing, in my network setting I installed the IPv4 protocol, which for some reason wasn't installed.i have tried using a different DNS, and that has failed. Any suggestions, I'm in desperate need of help

Geo block of sorts? People in China can't use YouTube for example

Have you tried proxy or VPN?

How about different browser? Copy from another machine if you can't even download one...

That isn't the issue. And i don't currently have a  VPN currently port forwarding. Those thing are expensive after all, for me at least 

No problems with internet speed or packet loss? Maybe you got  timeout set too low, so browser just doesn't wait 4 websites that are not optimized enough...

The internet speed has been perfectly sufficient up until now, and by that I mean that it's working fine for a very limited amount of websites. It happened

when the Telstra smart modem was installed into my house