Planning my first PC build

Iblazeri91

Hi everyone i having chosen the parts for my first gaming PC build.

I just need some advice if all of these parts are compatible with each other and if i have missed anything.

I haven't included the GPU because i will by that after when i get the money but i will be buying a Rtx 2080 gaming x trio .

I will buy a hard drive for installing games on in the future aswell .

Here is my list on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/5B5APGBVGTF7?ref_=wl_share

Also i 

I will be buying a 2k monitor to game on in the future.

Thanks

Pro-tip: Use PCPartPicker, it can check compatibility between parts and also help to find better prices.

Why 8700k? Are you going to use the PC only for gaming or anything else as well? What's your total budget?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Thats one weird ass build.

Why not go with B450 board+Ryzen 3600? It will save you a ton of money.

Why the overpriced RAM? You have low budget PSU in a high end system with fancy RGB RAM? Get normal Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200Mhz.

Same for those fans. If you want high end fans, get Silent Wings. Again, you will save a ton of money and get better performance.

And finally, get decent high end PSU. It will be powering a high end PC, you want to make sure it won't blow up.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

38 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Pro-tip: Use PCPartPicker, it can check compatibility between parts and also help to find better prices.

Why 8700k? Are you going to use the PC only for gaming or anything else as well? What's your total budget?

I chose the 8700k because i read on google that it is good for gaming but i am no expert.I won't be using the PC for anything else .

27 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Thats one weird ass build.

Why not go with B450 board+Ryzen 3600? It will save you a ton of money.

Why the overpriced RAM? You have low budget PSU in a high end system with fancy RGB RAM? Get normal Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200Mhz.

Same for those fans. If you want high end fans, get Silent Wings. Again, you will save a ton of money and get better performance.

And finally, get decent high end PSU. It will be powering a high end PC, you want to make sure it won't blow up.

Can i get similar performance with the Ryzen 3600?

I was actually considering get the normal 3200 ram but i wanted RGB ?.I guess RGB is just a silly gimmick that is only going to cost me more money in the end.I think i will take your advice and get the non RGB one.

I will go for these cheaper fans ,thank you.

What size PSU would you recommend for a ryzen 3600 paired with a rtx2080?

Got rid of the RGB mess (for better or for worse), upgraded the PSU and the storage.

The RTX 2080 was discontinued in favour of the 2070 Super, which offers the same level of performance at a lower price, so unless you find a good deal on one (cheaper than the 2070S), then it wouldn't be worth going with it. Also, if you don't need Nvidia necessarily, you could consider the RX 5700XT, which offers most of the 2070 Super's performance, at a pretty significant discount.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

8 minutes ago, Iblazeri91 said:

I was actually considering get the normal 3200 ram but i wanted RGB ?.I guess RGB is just a silly gimmick that is only going to cost me more money in the end.I think i will take your advice and get the non RGB one.

If you will be gaming at 2k, there is no reason to go with 8700k. R5 3600 will perform exactly the same.

RGB is perfectly fine in a balanced system. But in your case, you have a very cheap PSU that can potentially kill your entire system paired with a bunch of super expensive fans.  

be quiet! fans are extremely well made. They're one of the best fans on the market. 

Corsair TX550M will be a perfect fit for your system.

If you want some lighting in your case, you can get 4-pin RGB strips on amazon. They connect and sync to your motherboard.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

12 minutes ago, Iblazeri91 said:

if u will be only gaming just a 9600k will be enough if u want to save more (and perform as good not to say better as the 3600) , and if u prefer intel go for it , people keep saying ryzen is better blablabla , if u got a car that go 220mph(intel) and another one going 240mph(amd) amd being better dont mean intel is trash it can handle pretty well