Anki's assets were purchased by Digital Dream Labs. Vector lives on!

Wire

As you all may know, Anki went out of business in May, leaving their robots' futures uncertain at best. However, on December 18th, an edtech company called Digital Dream Labs has purchased their assets and promise to keep Vector's servers up, and make him have an unlockable bootloader. They will also keep updating Vector, Cozmo, and Overdrive. I have been in communication with them and they seem to have a good business plan. here is the Kickstarter update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anki/vector-by-anki-a-giant-roll-forward-for-robot-kind/posts/2724085

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

@Wire Please don't forget to include a quote/reference to the main article as per the Tech New's guidelines. Currently this has been moved to General Discussion and can be reinstated once up to date. 

Posted in general section which is odd.  Sounds like news

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 hours ago, W-L said:

@Wire Please don't forget to include a quote/reference to the main article as per the Tech New's guidelines. Currently this has been moved to General Discussion and can be reinstated once up to date. 

Oh, ok, I will quote it and post a verge article.