How to make youtube app play 4k videos on 1080p galaxy a tablet

16 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

I can play 4k via chrome it looks good. But youtube app not allowing

The Youtube App only allows you to view UP TO Native display resolution. (1080p for 1080p Displays, 1440p for 1440p Displays)

Download and setup YoutubeVANCED
Its a clone of the Youtube APP on Android, and allows Higher than native when setup in the options.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

maybe it's me but i don't see the benefit of watching downscaled content like 4k on 1080p, 

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, flashiling said:

maybe it's me but i don't see the benefit of watching downscaled content like 4k on 1080p, 

Typically yes,..unless you use a phone pretty up close...eyestrain is another story.
It's a person to person basis on the resolution difference being visible, especially on smaller displays like smartphones.

(but yes you would normally need a larger screen to see these differences without pixel peeping)

Whats not placebo is the extra datarate (12-24Mb/s vs eG 24-45Mb/s)  backing the video, the datarates being increased at the higher resolutions does produce cleaner images in more demanding frame transitions of color/visibility/lighting.

Smoke/Grass/Transparency (and following frames overtime, these effects fade in color and lightness, changing each frame) so the datarate would be higher/per second in those situations (frame to frame KB/s)

YoutubeVanced for Android gets around a locked 1080p Resolution in the typical YT APP and allows 1440p-2160p for supporting phones with supporting codecs in its own YT APP clone.

Annotation 2020-01-17 174926.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Typically yes,..unless you use a phone pretty up close...eyestrain is another story.
It's a person to person basis on the resolution difference being visible, especially on smaller displays like smartphones.

(but yes you would normally need a larger screen to see these differences without pixel peeping)

Whats not placebo is the extra datarate (12-24Mb/s vs eG 24-45Mb/s)  backing the video, the datarates being increased at the higher resolutions does produce cleaner images in more demanding frame transitions of color/visibility/lighting.

Smoke/Grass/Transparency (and following frames overtime, these effects fade in color and lightness, changing each frame) so the datarate would be higher/per second in those situations (frame to frame KB/s)

YoutubeVanced for Android gets around a locked 1080p Resolution in the typical YT APP and allows 1440p-2160p for supporting phones with supporting codecs in its own YT APP clone.

Yes i see differnce on a 10 inch tab

But not on 6 invh phome

2 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

Which webiste to download?

I cant find in play

Screenshot_20200117-142724_Google Play Store.jpg

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

3 hours ago, Dinesh1 said:

I can play 4k via chrome it looks good. But youtube app not allowing

It's a website search for YTVanced,..not on the play store.

Default for most phones is the Phone not needing to be rooted/unlocked.

Here is that version.

https://vanced.app/nonroot

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

It's a website search for YTVanced,..not on the play store.

Default for most phones is the Phone not needing to be rooted/unlocked.

Here is that version.

https://vanced.app/nonroot

I can play 4k in chrome. Does vanced give more bitrate than chrome.

3 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

I can play 4k in chrome. Does vanced give more bitrate than chrome.

Nope, they'd be the same.

YouTube still sends them the same 4K stream.

But if Chrome doesn't show 60fps quality settings then use Vanced.