Driver updater?

windows does it automatically, only thing you have to update is the BIOS and GPU drivers.  

There's a few that attempt to do it, but they probably cost money or do a poor job when it's something you can do for free. However, you don't need to update drivers unless it actually does something useful for you.

As the adage goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

There's a few that attempt to do it, but they probably cost money or do a poor job when it's something you can do for free. However, you don't need to update drivers unless it actually does something useful for you.

As the adage goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree with Mira Yurizaki, I manually check for GPU driver updates since my GPU uses a studio release over the gaming driver.  

4 hours ago, jjbeebe said:

I agree with Mira Yurizaki, I manually check for GPU driver updates since my GPU uses a studio release over the gaming driver.  

Well....I just got a new pc.....went from a 4 cores to 8 cores...got entirely different ram and mobo......I plugged my drive in and tried to boot it....without wifi.....would it update cpu and internet card drivers without internet and when windows is already setup?

I would have manually pre-install the driver before switching hardware (if possible) and used a hard line connection after installation, not wifi to access the internet. Windows can sometimes use generic drivers to be able to use hardware without downloading it from the internet; for example some devices i have used work just by plugging them in and when you look at then in the device manger it just says generic until windows downloads the driver or you install it. In some cases it might not have a generic drive to reference or it is unrecognized. This is when manually installing the driver or having a internet connection comes into play. 

2 hours ago, Heavenly FLARE said:

Well....I just got a new pc.....went from a 4 cores to 8 cores...got entirely different ram and mobo......I plugged my drive in and tried to boot it....without wifi.....would it update cpu and internet card drivers without internet and when windows is already setup?

For new build the correct procedure would still be to download drivers from manufacturers own support site. But after that you don't need to touch them unless you are having some problems.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv