Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max668

Computer Speakers

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, EmoRarity said:

Well they are flexible, affordable and have a reasonable feature set. They are from a respectable company that builds a respectable product. They will out last the most expensive Logitech set.

Personally I dont like Logitech ..
I only bought there product once. It was a mouse, I payed like 30 or so dollars and it lasted me 5 months where a cheep Microsoft mouse that I got for like 10 dollars lasted me 2 years... After that I never bought Logitech  product again

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, max668 said:

Personally I dont like Logitech ..
I only bought there product once. It was a mouse, I payed like 30 or so dollars and it lasted me 5 months where a cheep Microsoft mouse that I got for like 10 dollars lasted me 2 years... After that I never bought Logitech  product again

It's entry consumer stuff. Back to the idea of convenience in a box. Logitech takes it a step for and makes it convenience in a box that you don't have to shop for. Is there better, yes but you have to find it. Hence why you are here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

Logitech takes it a step for and makes it convenience in a box that you don't have to shop for

what does that mean ?

and yes I am here but so far no one has convinced me why and what I should buy :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, max668 said:

It’s an 80W (RMS) 5.1 system, so it’s not gonna be amazing, but it’s about what you can expect for a 5.1 system for that price.

54 minutes ago, max668 said:

Thanks

I did see those suggestions
Edifier R1280T  was my first choice.. but I still dont know what to chose...

I guess a better question is;
Whats the difference between 2.0, 2.1 and 5.1

The numbers indicate what kind of system it is. The first number tells you how many “normal” speaker channels, and the decimal tells you how many subwoofers there are. 
 

2.0 is 2-channel (left and right - also known as stereo)

2.1 is 3-channel (left and right plus a sub)

5.1 is 6-channel (front left and front right, rear (or side) left and rear right, centre, and a sub)

 

There are other variations but the numbers tell you how many speakers. 


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It’s an 80W (RMS) 5.1 system, so it’s not gonna be amazing, but it’s about what you can expect for a 5.1 system for that price.

The numbers indicate what kind of system it is. The first number tells you how many “normal” speaker channels, and the decimal tells you how many subwoofers there are. 
 

2.0 is 2-channel (left and right - also known as stereo)

2.1 is 3-channel (left and right plus a sub)

5.1 is 6-channel (front left and front right, rear (or side) left and rear right, centre, and a sub)

 

There are other variations but the numbers tell you how many speakers. 

so how do I make a choice XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, max668 said:

so how do I make a choice XD

Two factors:

how much you’re willing to spend, and what kind of system you want (2.0, 5.1, etc)

 

If your budget is in that $100-200 range, perhaps a 5.1 system isn’t a good choice. You’ll get a lot better speakers if you get a 2.0 or 2.1 system. 


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Two factors:

how much you’re willing to spend, and what kind of system you want (2.0, 5.1, etc)

 

If your budget is in that $100-200 range, perhaps a 5.1 system isn’t a good choice. You’ll get a lot better speakers if you get a 2.0 or 2.1 system. 

So what youre saying is that that I would need to spend more money for a good quality 5.1 and for the 150 dollars I can get good to high quality 2.0  or 2.1...

correct ?


what 2.1 or 2.0 would you recommend

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, max668 said:

So what youre saying is that that I would need to spend more money for a good quality 5.1 and for the 150 dollars I can get good to high quality 2.0  or 2.1...

correct ?

Yes. From my personal experience, good 5.1 speaker sets start closer to the $250-400 range. 

3 minutes ago, max668 said:

what 2.1 or 2.0 would you recommend

I would defer to the suggestions above. 


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, max668 said:

what does that mean ?

and yes I am here but so far no one has convinced me why and what I should buy :/

It's convenient, it's boxed, and it's a name that you already knew about. So you don't have to shop around. I can't convince you to spend your money. At least I don't want to. I want you to do what you want with your money and I'll be the byte from Tron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Yes. From my personal experience, good 5.1 speaker sets start closer to the $250-400 range. 

I would defer to the suggestions above. 

My man's 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I would defer to the suggestions above. 

ok .. so what would you recommend ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
 
4 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

Yes. From my personal experience, good 5.1 speaker sets start closer to the $250-400 range. 

I would defer to the suggestions above. 

3 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

My man's 

  

 

what do you mean by that ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, max668 said:

what do you mean by that ?

A stranger that agrees with you is rare and enjoyable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

A stranger that agrees with you is rare and enjoyable. 

Indeed

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EmoRarity said:

It's entry consumer stuff. Back to the idea of convenience in a box. Logitech takes it a step for and makes it convenience in a box that you don't have to shop for. Is there better, yes but you have to find it. Hence why you are here.

I dunno, I’m still amazed by the Logitech Z200 which only costs $30. Because it’s not absolutely horrible. It gives you a decently enjoyable experience, even if it’s clear that $100 speakers do better (with cleaner bass especially). But 100$ speakers are not even 2x better. Maybe 1.5x. And the Z200 will last forever if you just leave them on your desk. They’re so uncomplicated. 
 

You’re better off getting a decent 2.1 setup for $150 IMHO. And that’s a huge leap from $30...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

I dunno, I’m still amazed by the Logitech Z200 which only costs $30. Because it’s not absolutely horrible. It gives you a decently enjoyable experience, even if it’s clear that $100 speakers do better (with cleaner bass especially). But 100$ speakers are not even 2x better. Maybe 1.5x. And the Z200 will last forever if you just leave them on your desk. They’re so uncomplicated. 
 

You’re better off getting a decent 2.1 setup for $150 IMHO. And that’s a huge leap from $30...

You are not limited to 2.0, 2.1, or 5.1, there are many other options. You could buy two of a cheaper set (like the Z200 if you really like it, but I'd recommend the SW-G or the SW-HF series, they're newer, better, cheaper, and usually have a subwoofer), and use them in quadro, or you could buy cheaper (but still perfectly fine) surrounds for a good stereo, like the SW-HP160, and with some cable extensions, use them in a 4.0/4.1 or 6.0/6.1 layout, by disabling the center and LFE, this will make the OS route them to the front 2.0 or 2.1, and if the stereo is properly calibrated, you'll have a virtual center.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

#mmmmm

Imma a hard disagree. But I know what's that'll cause. I would avoid the Logitech offers unless you live in a place where you can't get anything else, or have a budget that's so low that you are never buying anything nice or you are going Craigslist surfing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a difference between "exceeds expectations" and "legitimately better than more expensive gear" And the latter seldom ever happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

Imma a hard disagree. But I know what's that'll cause. I would avoid the Logitech offers unless you live in a place where you can't get anything else, or have a budget that's so low that you are never buying anything nice or you are going Craigslist surfing.

With a higher budget I would most certainly buy another brand than Logitech. I'm just happy that reasonably good speakers exist for $30. That's cheap. But since OP has more than $100, we can do better than Logitech for sure. 

 

To be fair, you're better off buying a good set of speakers to begin with. Why spend $30 on Logitech Z200, only to upgrade 1 year later for something noticeably better for $150? That's $30 you'll never get back. And it's more landfill as well. 

 

So yeah, I agree with you. You can do better than $30 Logitech speakers if your budget allows you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VoidX said:

You are not limited to 2.0, 2.1, or 5.1, there are many other options. You could buy two of a cheaper set (like the Z200 if you really like it, but I'd recommend the SW-G or the SW-HF series, they're newer, better, cheaper, and usually have a subwoofer), and use them in quadro, or you could buy cheaper (but still perfectly fine) surrounds for a good stereo, like the SW-HP160, and with some cable extensions, use them in a 4.0/4.1 or 6.0/6.1 layout, by disabling the center and LFE, this will make the OS route them to the front 2.0 or 2.1, and if the stereo is properly calibrated, you'll have a virtual center.

I would never recommend a 4.x or 6.x system unless:

1. You’re trying to fill a very large room and simply need more speakers to do the job, or

2. you’re eventually intending on going full surround with 5.x or 7.x and you - for whatever odd reason - just can’t get that last centre channel speaker right away (in which case for the 6.1 setup, just drop one speaker and make it an actual 5.1 setup).

 

Keep it simple with 2.0 or 2.1 of go full 5.1/7.1 (or build towards the goal of eventually getting to 5.1/7.1 one or two components at a time). 
 

All this extra talk is no doubt just confusing an already very confused OP. 


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

just my 2 cents on the topic...

 

Off the top of my head I can recall PC speaker configs as follows:

 

~ 1999 - swiped-from-family HP Pavillion crap Polk Audio stereo speakers (seemed fine to me at the time)

 

~ 2005 - upgraded to Logitech 5.1, looked exactly like the X-530 set so probably those, modded to relocate the power/volume bits into their own separate plastic box (seemed amazing at the time, big upgrade to the HP/Polk stereo speakers)

 

~ 2008 - ditched the Logitech speakers in favor of using an AVR with a hodge-podged 5.1 home theater system of mis-matched Yamaha speakers and some no-name powered 10" subwoofer (giant monitors with 12" woofers for front LR, some old early 90's large center speaker with 5.25" woofers, and their cheap bookshelves with 8" woofers as rear LR. I thought this sounded amazing)

 

~ 2014 - built a legit home theater in my new place, put the PC desk mid way in a long room and just TOSLinked it to the HT system. This was using 5 Yamaha NS-777 towers for FL FL C SL SR and two of their small bookshelves for RL RR the NS-333, with a giant and way overkill HSU VTF-15H MK2 15" powered sub (still sounds amazing)

 

~ 2019 pt1 - in prep to move I rearranged the room and picked up a pair of Klipsch stereo self-powered R-41PM speakers on some stands to bring them up to ear level, and sharing the existing 15" subwoofer (this sounds great but in retrospect I should have bought the R-51PM because they're larger but still fit on the stands. I do somewhat miss surround sound)

 

~ 2019 pt2 - whilst going down the rabbit hole of retro PC building I ended up finding an old-but-working set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1's from mid 2000's and have them set up on the new gaming PC since I didn't have anything better laying around. They definitely are the best-sounding set of 5.1 'PC speakers' that I've ever heard despite being really old but when listening to stereo content the R-41PM pair I have on the HTPC sound much clearer, more full sound not counting the obvious bass discrepancy. Actually the dual woofer sub in this old discontinued kit still sounds fantastic, the only negative for me is that the satellites can sometimes sound a little bit tinny

 

--------------------

 

I also have some old late 90's sets of 2.1 and 4.1 Altec Lansing PC speakers (using the 2.1 on my Razer Blade Pro setup and the 4.1 on the retro PC) and while they too sound pretty good for being so old, those in particular are obviously missing high-frequency clarity on the top end.

 

As far as 5.1 vs 2.0 or 2.1 on a PC to me there's a bit of a toss up / consideration to be decided. I'd probably rather have a really good 2.0 or 2.1 setup than a "just ok" 5.1 setup, all things considered. While the surround effects are great for immersion, I'm so used to really decent clear full sound now from the higher-end speakers I've been using for years that hearing not-as-good sound from 5 surrounds is a little distracting to the point of not fully appreciating the surround effects.

 

TBH I've actually been debating moving the Klipsch R-41PMs over to the laptop and replacing them with R-51PMs on the HEDT rig, as well as seeing if there are any higher-end 5.1 kits I could use on the gaming PC that wont' have that tinny sound that the Promedia 5.1 satellites have.


HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 4:00 PM, Constantin said:

Well it seems you never tried those, calling them trash.

And i bet you never had the experience to listen 5.1 surround sound........

They are pretty awful.

 

Cheap drivers, Cheap crossovers, Cheap amplifiers, Cheap enclosures, Cheap pot's, cheap everything. 150 USD on 5 speakers and a subwoofer, and then a 6 channel amplifier is pushing it. I've heard a Logitech Z906 and they have next to no treble, muddy midrange and sloppy bass. And the subwoofer/surround blending isn't really attempted by the speakers at all.


If you have any questions about ultra high end audio, dont be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

 

Yes my audio stuff is 650,000 USD, I'm a dedicated audiophile/mastering engineer

 

(if you want to see my audio stuff, check my profile, it's too much to list here)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

They are pretty awful.

 

Cheap drivers, Cheap crossovers, Cheap amplifiers, Cheap enclosures, Cheap pot's, cheap everything. 150 USD on 5 speakers and a subwoofer, and then a 6 channel amplifier is pushing it. I've heard a Logitech Z906 and they have next to no treble, muddy midrange and sloppy bass. And the subwoofer/surround blending isn't really attempted by the speakers at all.

what would you recommend ?
Best for $150 in your opinion ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, max668 said:

what would you recommend ?
Best for $150 in your opinion ?

Something powered and 2.0, such as the Edifier R1700BT

 

https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-R1700BT-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B016PATXSI/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=edifier+r1700&qid=1579566819&sr=8-2


If you have any questions about ultra high end audio, dont be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

 

Yes my audio stuff is 650,000 USD, I'm a dedicated audiophile/mastering engineer

 

(if you want to see my audio stuff, check my profile, it's too much to list here)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×