Computer Speakers

max668

Hello all

Ive been looking for new computer speakers and I realized that I need help...

If you could recommend me something I would really appreciate it

Im willing to spend like 150 dollars max

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016P9HJIA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A23AS8PFN4IRUQ&psc=1

I have been looking at the link above, but idk if they can be plugged in to a pc. ( I think they can )
anyways ..

Thanks for posting

I would go for a 5.1 set up.

If you have the space to put them.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

10 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I would go for a 5.1 set up.

If you have the space to put them.

link ?

2 minutes ago, max668 said:

link ?

Those are pretty decent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microlabs-M1910-5-1-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B00BHW0ETM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Surround-Bluetooth-Compatible-Computers/dp/B07JH9XMYY

The 5.1 speakers on the PC are a must for me, i have them like 10 years.

Good for gaming, movies ect...

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Swan m10, affordable quality that doesn't suck up space. Id bring mine with me in the world I could.

1 hour ago, EmoRarity said:

Swan m10, affordable quality that doesn't suck up space. Id bring mine with me in the world I could.

Im not a fan of the white color :/

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

Those are pretty decent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microlabs-M1910-5-1-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B00BHW0ETM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Surround-Bluetooth-Compatible-Computers/dp/B07JH9XMYY

The 5.1 speakers on the PC are a must for me, i have them like 10 years.

Good for gaming, movies ect...

the Logitech Z607 5.1
https://www.amazon.com/Surround-Sound-Speaker-System-Bluetooth/dp/B07MVYH9VJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Logitech+Z607+5.1&qid=1579119155&s=electronics&sr=1-1

They can be connected to a pc ?
do they come with the cable ?

2 minutes ago, max668 said:

They can be connected to a pc ?
do they come with the cable ?

Yes, of course!

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

Yes, of course!

How long have you had them for ?

Just now, max668 said:

How long have you had them for ?

i have the previous model for about 10 years

7 minutes ago, Constantin said:

i have the previous model for about 10 years

I just ordered them

Thanks for your help

2 hours ago, max668 said:

Im not a fan of the white color :/

They come in black. But you already made your choice good luck with them.

1 hour ago, EmoRarity said:

They come in black. But you already made your choice good luck with them.

did I make a good choice ?

1 hour ago, max668 said:

did I make a good choice ?

Not what I would have spent my labor on, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I think there are other options that last longer and work better. Eg swan m10, in black for your tastes. Alternatively those maudio studio monitors are also pretty stout.

5 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

Not what I would have spent my labor on, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I think there are other options that last longer and work better. Eg swan m10, in black for your tastes. Alternatively those maudio studio monitors are also pretty stout.

Send links .. I can always exchange  :)

6 minutes ago, max668 said:

Send links .. I can always exchange  :)

The thing is that you are already in tho. If you've ordered, and it's shipped, the bullets already left the barrel. And since you are upgraded now, anything is better than where you started.

I have a pair of older Maudio speakers and a 10" sub I can't recall the brand of but it starts with a K I think (not Klipsh, something more obscure) as the 2.1 setup for my HTPC and it sounds really great for music but a tad boomy for movies and TV, not bad though. For my "gaming" PC I just have some junk, an old late 70's stereo receiver, pair of Dayton Audio bookshelf speakers, and a Lexus Mark Levinson 10" sub in a sealed box with a 70W plate amp. It gets the job done well enough but does take up considerable space.

6 minutes ago, Bitter said:

#k

Objection, relevance your honor? Are we telling op to go Craigslist suffering?

39 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

Objection, relevance your honor? Are we telling op to go Craigslist suffering?

I guess I was trying to convey that anything can be his PC speakers. I've used a stereo+speakers for a long time, at one point 2 floor standers with 8" woofers were my PC speakers. Whatever sounds good, fits your space, and fits your budget are the right PC speakers for you.

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

A reasonable point

Agreed, it's why I'm not found if those multi channel set ups. You are getting 5 $10  speakers and taking up space. But not everyone wants to go about the "perfect fit" experience. Convenience in a box is convenient and box.

14 hours ago, max668 said:

Hello all

Ive been looking for new computer speakers and I realized that I deed help...

If you could recommend me something I would really appreciate it

Im willing to spend like 150 dollars max

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016P9HJIA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A23AS8PFN4IRUQ&psc=1

I have been looking at the link above, but idk if they can be plugged in to a pc. ( I think they can )
anyways ..

Thanks for posting

Well, these speakers are quite good. It's almost a no-brainer. But adding a subwoofer improves the experience greatly. IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1. They're exactly $150 on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Pro-Media-Certified-Speakers/dp/B009L1NY0M/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=klipsch+promedia+2.1&qid=1579162114&sr=8-1

1 hour ago, JabroniBaloney said:

I'd rather a good 2.0 than a trash 5.1. because that's what you're getting with OP's budget.

There are plenty of quality options in his budget. But none of them at multi channel. All stereo and maybe a little sub.

2 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

I'd rather a good 2.0 than a trash 5.1. because that's what you're getting with OP's budget.

Well it seems you never tried those, calling them trash.

And i bet you never had the experience to listen 5.1 surround sound........

54 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Well it seems you never tried those, calling them trash.

And i bet you never had the experience to listen 5.1 surround sound........

And I wouldn't be surprised you haven't listened to any good speaker systems. Unless you catch one heck of a sale or stumble across a good, used system, even 2.0 isn't going to be all that great for $150. Usually, the more speakers you add, the lower the quality for each speaker has to be to still cost the same as a 2.0 system.

The value of 5.1 depends on what the user is going to use them for. For music, 5.1 is of no benefit. For the money one would spend on a 5.1 system , one can buy a much better 2.1 system or an even better 2.0 system. 

5.1 is better suited for movies (assuming they have a surround sound option; not all do) or for gaming. Even then, 5.1 is of benefit only if there is room for the speakers to be positioned properly. 5.1 of any quality cannot be heard properly in a small room.

Btw, I've had Logitech 5.1 speakers and they were trash. I would have been better off spending the money on a 2.0 system that wasn't Logitech. Even as grossly overpriced Bose is, a Bose 2.0 system will beat out Logitech for the same price as any Logitech.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!