Hoping for some suggestions on an RGB-heavy build I'm putting together

Hi there, I'm hoping for some suggestions on a very niche problem relating to Addressable 5v RGB.. Stuff.

I'll be getting a Corsair Commander Pro and a whole bunch of Corsair kit so that's my AIO, fans etc covered, but here's another problem.

I'm planning on getting an ROG Z390-F which has one A-RGB header, but I'm want to  add some Lian-Li Strimer cables and a lightbox to the build that both run off 5v addressable headers. Any suggestions on clean solutions for how I can somehow get two individual devices both software controllable (say for example with Aura) with a single header on the motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

You could always just get a splitter cable or rgb hub.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

On 1/9/2020 at 5:23 PM, wafflehaus said:

Hi there, I'm hoping for some suggestions on a very niche problem relating to Addressable 5v RGB.. Stuff.

I'll be getting a Corsair Commander Pro and a whole bunch of Corsair kit so that's my AIO, fans etc covered, but here's another problem.

I'm planning on getting an ROG Z390-F which has one A-RGB header, but I'm want to  add some Lian-Li Strimer cables and a lightbox to the build that both run off 5v addressable headers. Any suggestions on clean solutions for how I can somehow get two individual devices both software controllable (say for example with Aura) with a single header on the motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

lianli uses a jst-sm connector so you would need an adapter cable to attach that to your mb header but the only cables i can find are in a packaged and are $15+

i found this

if you wanted to add the lianli to your corsair then you need another custom cable

i don't no what a light box is? if its just stranded connector 2+1 and want it on corsair this should work or this

if you only have 1 argb mb header and 2 devices you will need a slitter or hub but all attached to it will all get the same effect

f you only have 1 argb mb header and 2 devices and want each to have its only color or w/e each will need its own header. so you will need a usb controller or more then 1 argb header.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 1/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, thrasher_565 said:

lianli uses a jst-sm connector so you would need an adapter cable to attach that to your mb header but the only cables i can find are in a packaged and are $15+

i found this

if you wanted to add the lianli to your corsair then you need another custom cable

i don't no what a light box is? if its just stranded connector 2+1 and want it on corsair this should work or this

if you only have 1 argb mb header and 2 devices you will need a slitter or hub but all attached to it will all get the same effect

f you only have 1 argb mb header and 2 devices and want each to have its only color or w/e each will need its own header. so you will need a usb controller or more then 1 argb header.

Hey thanks for that, really good info!

2 hours ago, wafflehaus said:

Hey thanks for that, really good info!

np gl i have a somewhat guide on corsair in my sig.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I believe the commander pro runs off of a USB header, not off and RGB header. I might be wrong on that as I installed mine a while ago but I dont recall it being hooked up to an RGB header

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

np gl i have a somewhat guide on corsair in my sig.

Thanks yeah, I'm actually fairly comfortable with Corsair Kit. In my new(ish) Deskstop build I'm currently using a Lighting Node Pro and a Commander Pro and I've  got my RAM, AIO, 6 LL120 fans, 8 corsair ARGB strips, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad and Headphone stand all synced through iCue on my main box ? (and that's not all the RGB I have... I have a problem).

My next project through, is a thoroughly ridiculous over-RGB'ed media PC. Of course I'm going to be filling the case with Corsair fans and light strips (not to mention Aura-Sync other stuff) but I need something to drive all the random 5v ARGB crap I'm planning on adding in like Lian Li Strimer cables and a custom lightbox from Portugal.

Edit: I took a read of that pinout guide you put together, nice work!

21 hours ago, wafflehaus said:

Thanks yeah, I'm actually fairly comfortable with Corsair Kit. In my new(ish) Deskstop build I'm currently using a Lighting Node Pro and a Commander Pro and I've  got my RAM, AIO, 6 LL120 fans, 8 corsair ARGB strips, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad and Headphone stand all synced through iCue on my main box ? (and that's not all the RGB I have... I have a problem).

My next project through, is a thoroughly ridiculous over-RGB'ed media PC. Of course I'm going to be filling the case with Corsair fans and light strips (not to mention Aura-Sync other stuff) but I need something to drive all the random 5v ARGB crap I'm planning on adding in like Lian Li Strimer cables and a custom lightbox from Portugal.

Edit: I took a read of that pinout guide you put together, nice work!

ya...sounds like the same problem i have and rgb....

should look at my build guide ill look at yours

ya i have not really dived in to setting everything up just getting cables and adapters so i don't even no if it will all work with icue so we will see.