Sharing WiFi lan over ethernet

GidionK
Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,
5 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

As @Eigenvektor and I kind of discovered going back and forth on sharing an Internet connection though a Windows computer it allows connections leaving the computer but not all connections are allowed back in. (This could be an issue related to IP/Subnet Mask or it's a Windows Firewall issue).

Yeah, I've read a bit more about it since then. It's basically a very simple form of NAT that can't be configured. The device the connection is shared with can connect to the Internet, the computer the connection is shared with and the router, but the other direction isn't supported.

This is only possible with the Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS), which is only available on Windows Server.

Hey all,

Is it possible to share the LAN from the wifi over ethernet and not just internet? I'm trying to connect an IP camera to the network and i cant connect it to the network with the normal share network option on Windows, or am i missing something?

Not exactly clear on what you're trying to say.

Does your IP camera have both WiFi and ethernet connection options?

Are you trying to view the cam remotely, only locally, or record locally, to the cloud, or both?

As @Eigenvektor and I kind of discovered going back and forth on sharing an Internet connection though a Windows computer it allows connections leaving the computer but not all connections are allowed back in. (This could be an issue related to IP/Subnet Mask or it's a Windows Firewall issue).

If you need to access the camera though some type of WebUI or other there's a good chance you won't be able to. At least not easily.

5 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Yeah, I've read a bit more about it since then. It's basically a very simple form of NAT that can't be configured. The device the connection is shared with can connect to the Internet, the computer the connection is shared with and the router, but the other direction isn't supported.

This is only possible with the Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS), which is only available on Windows Server.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

On 1/2/2020 at 10:44 PM, Eigenvektor said:

Thanks i'll look further