[HELP] Raspberry Pi 4 b 1gb not displaying (or booting?)

I posted this on the raspberry pi forums but didn't get any help, I know generally this forum has helped me a lot more in the past so I figured to post here.

So I bought a pi 4 from microcenter back in August, I got only the board because it was on clearance, just recently I decided to work on it, so I bought a starter kit with a microSD card and usb drive for it, a small plastic case, fan, and power switch with fan controller (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZC ... UTF8&psc=1)

So I built the case, got everything connected, I installed Raspbian on the SD card and created an 'ssh' folder inside the boot partition. I plugged the USB drive with SD card into the Pi and I get no display. The Pi turns on, (constant red LED indicator and blinking green LED), and I get no display. I try to ssh in and connect the pi up to ethernet but it doesn't come up in my connected devices to my router. If I type 'ping raspberrypi.local' in my cmd all I get is network timeouts

I have next to zero experience with anything Linux and I need help with this, I don't know if theres something wrong with the boot or if there is something broken.

Thanks for any possible solutions

Did you use the heat sinks?  Pi4s are famous for getting hot

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Did you use the heat sinks?  Pi4s are famous for getting hot

I do, the kit came with them and a fan