Workstation engineering and gaming 4k if possible.

Hi i would like to ask someone help,

I would like to build a workstation that would be for:

Revit [i know that it use high single core performance but also multi but for less thing, also as much ram i can buy]

Autocad [is near the same but it need's more ram]

Dynamo[i don't know, it's a plugin fo revit]

Sketchup [is a mix of cpu and gpu i can choose what it should use]

Photoshop[ i know ram but don't know if single or multi core]

Sap2000[ use all core high frequency and full speed ram]

Lumion [ gpu and cpu mix]

3Dzephyr[ cuda cores, and i think multi core high frequency]

OBS 

Premiere Studio

I would like to play some games 4k if it is possible because, i thought that if i get a workstation maybe it can play even games high prestation.

My budget would be about 1200 i can get 1500 if would help to increase much more prestation,( i'm in EU but the price are similar).

6 minutes ago, Luuk17 said:

Hi i would like to ask someone help,

I would like to build a workstation that would be for:

Revit [i know that it use high single core performance but also multi but for less thing, also as much ram i can buy]

Autocad [is near the same but it need's more ram]

Dynamo[i don't know, it's a plugin fo revit]

Sketchup [is a mix of cpu and gpu i can choose what it should use]

Photoshop[ i know ram but don't know if single or multi core]

Sap2000[ use all core high frequency and full speed ram]

Lumion [ gpu and cpu mix]

3Dzephyr[ cuda cores, and i think multi core high frequency]

OBS 

Premiere Studio

I would like to play some games 4k if it is possible because, i thought that if i get a workstation maybe it can play even games high prestation.

My budget would be about 1200 i can get 1500 if would help to increase much more prestation,( i'm in EU but the price are similar).

Of those , Lumion demands the highest tier GPU possible. The rest are OK with Quadro P3000 (GTX 1070 or so) 

That budget is too low to get a decent workstation however. What we use at the office at present with all those programs are i7-6700K's with 32GB RAM and K4000's or P3000's

So I'd suggest not dropping below that.

6 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Of those , Lumion demands the highest tier GPU possible. The rest are OK with Quadro P3000 (GTX 1070 or so) 

That budget is too low to get a decent workstation however. What we use at the office at present with all those programs are i7-6700K's with 32GB RAM and K4000's or P3000's

So I'd suggest not dropping below that.

Thaks for the quick response, i would like to know more about a "decente workstation", because i don't have in mind what should be, if you could tell me more about it, it would be really appreciate 

for a realy high end workstation that budget is way too low.

When i saw the list of things you wanna do i immediately thought of the Ryzen 3950X which would be the best CPU possible for you here but the CPU alone costs like 800 bucks.

Overall most of the programs you listed are very CPU intensive and the main thing you mentioned that would be very GPU intensive would be gaming in 4k.

i would say you have to decide, you cant have a high end GPU which you would need for 4K gaming and a high end CPU which you would need for the workstation part on this budget.

if the Workstation use it more important id go for a better CPU and drop in a regular mid range GPU

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€329.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€118.32 @ Alza) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€142.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card  (€502.04 @ Alza) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€91.89 @ Alternate) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€99.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1404.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-14 22:03 CET+0100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

6 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

for a realy high end workstation that budget is way too low.

When i saw the list of things you wanna do i immediately thought of the Ryzen 3950X which would be the best CPU possible for you here but the CPU alone costs like 800 bucks.

Overall most of the programs you listed are very CPU intensive and the main thing you mentioned that would be very GPU intensive would be gaming in 4k.

i would say you have to decide, you cant have a high end GPU which you would need for 4K gaming and a high end CPU which you would need for the workstation part on this budget.

if the Workstation use it more important id go for a better CPU and drop in a regular mid range GPU

This is the current laptop used at the office:

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/work/shop/laptops/precision-7740/spd/precision-17-7740-laptop

€3,412.86   €2,389.00

However we have them configured with 64GB of RAM, not 16. So they cost more than that.

This is roughly what we would purchase today for a desktop workstation:

image.png.42be0904043b5761b5ae466dfd9e6dd8.png

I selected Ireland to get the Euro price, but suffice it to say, that is at least 3x your budget.