whats the best cpu

whats the best cpu for adobe after effects and gaming at the mo i have an i7700k

2 minutes ago, tommy3010 said:

whats the best cpu for adobe after effects and gaming at the mo i have an i7700k

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

48 minutes ago, Constantin said:

This ^  But I would even go so far to say if buying new, you'd want i9-9900KS since it's a tad better.  Edit:  Nevermind, the current price of the 9900KS is stupid, stick with the i9-9900K as noted.

@tommy3010Here's a link to Puget Systems where they do the testing, and confirm it:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/After-Effects-CPU-Roundup-AMD-Ryzen-3rd-Gen-AMD-Threadripper-2-Intel-9th-Gen-Intel-X-series-1533/

23 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

you'd want i9-9900KS since it's a tad better.

+200 MHz OC'd (4%, potentially) for 53$ (11%) more ? Doesn't qualify for "tad better" in my book.

But i agree, i9 9900k will be the best choice for Adobe software and gaming right now assuming you can afford it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

35 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

This ^  But I would even go so far to say if buying new, you'd want i9-9900KS since it's a tad better.

@tommy3010Here's a link to Puget Systems where they do the testing, and confirm it:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/After-Effects-CPU-Roundup-AMD-Ryzen-3rd-Gen-AMD-Threadripper-2-Intel-9th-Gen-Intel-X-series-1533/

Would I need new motherboard with the 9900ks

5 minutes ago, tommy3010 said:

Presumably yes, since your i7-7700k means your board should be either Z270 or Z170 w/ updated BIOS.  Neither of those boards can do 9th Gen Intel, for that you'd want Z390 (or guaranteed newest BIOS Z370 if retailer or 3rd party can confirm).

21 minutes ago, Juular said:

+200 MHz OC'd (4%, potentially) for 53$ (11%) more ?

I didn't see that the 9900K price dropped enough to make a big difference (last I thought I saw it was like $20-30 more, so maybe worth).  

I agree that it's most certainly NOT worth paying $50+ more for slight binning improvement with 9900K vs KS

14 minutes ago, tommy3010 said:

Yes, Gigabyte Z390 Elite \ Pro (Wi-Fi) or ASRock Taichi boards have good value for what they offer, there are some ASUS Strix (-F\-H) but they have somewhat worse VRM.

18 hours ago, Juular said:

List your entire rig (pcpartpicker.com/list), country and budget for upgrade, we will make a build for you OP.

Do you think my aio nzxt x62 will be ok to cool th I9 

13 minutes ago, tommy3010 said:

Do you think my aio nzxt x62 will be ok to cool th I9 

Yes, pretty much.

1 hour ago, Saad Bin Shahid said:

I think go for Ryzen 9 3900x or Ryzen 7 3700x it has more cores than i7.

Which don't matter for Adobe CC software, it hardly multi-threaded at all.

6 hours ago, Juular said:

Which don't matter for Adobe CC software, it hardly multi-threaded at all.

So the i9 would be best for gaming and adobe software 

2 minutes ago, tommy3010 said:

So the i9 would be best for gaming and adobe software 

Yep. If it's only for gaming and Adobe After Effects \ Photoshop, if you would've also worked with video editing or rendering then Ryzen 9 would've been better option.

No not at it just photoshop Illustrator and after effects and gaming lol