New PC problems

GetYouBarbara

There are some gold rinse I removed from my case in order to screw my motherboard in my case. Do you think that plays a role? Also id like to note that the screws I got with the mobo were just 3 or 4 and I couldnt screw them to the golden rinses. I was watching this video 

and the 1st thing the guy says is about those gold rinses.... I m kinda scared right now. 

Major update. Rebuilt the whole motherboard. Put back the golden rinses etc. Checked every connection.

Now this time the Speaker thingy Ive put correctly so now I know what sounds my PC is doing.

It made 3 beeps, rebooted another 3 beeps, another 1 beep, then it starts normally.

What is this?

ok the 1 beep sound is the default sound it makes when openning normally. The 3 beeps are worrying me.

i searched online im starting thinking its a RAM problem now. I mean something to do with my motherboard and my RAM clocks.... I dunno.... I did run memtest yesterday and everything was fine.

14 hours ago, Vishera said:

The same exact thing happened with my old R9 380 - in the end it was a driver issue that AMD fixed for the game ready driver of Tekken 7,

and that took AMD 2 years to solve (Problem started at April 2016,solved in 2018).

You can try testing the GPU with GPUPI 3.3.3,

Tell us if you get any errors while testing.

GPUPI 3.3.3 download page:

https://www.overclockers.at/news/gpupi-international-support-thread

Press Calculate then OK to start.

You mentioned me this software. I tried lowering the Batch Size and Reduction Size and also got this error:

Timer: HPET (14.32 MHz)
Init HWiNFO: Ok

AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing 2.1
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (20 CUs, 1755 MHz, OpenCL 2.0)
   Compiling OpenCL kernels ... done.

Calculating 1.000.000.000th digit of PI. 20 iterations.

Allocated device memory : 83.89 MB
 Batch Size              : 5M
 Reduction Size          : 64 (Type: Default)

00h 00m 00.476s Batch  1 finished.
 00h 00m 00.946s Batch  2 finished.
 00h 00m 01.788s Batch  3 finished.
 00h 00m 02.969s Batch  4 finished.

Error: Invalid partial result by a margin of 0.000000004350063

Calculation aborted due to an invalid partial result.

So apparently if im not able to calculate and gives me errors is something wrong with my GPU?

32 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

You mentioned me this software. I tried lowering the Batch Size and Reduction Size and also got this error:

Allocated device memory : 83.89 MB
 Batch Size              : 5M
 Reduction Size          : 64 (Type: Default)

00h 00m 00.476s Batch  1 finished.
 00h 00m 00.946s Batch  2 finished.
 00h 00m 01.788s Batch  3 finished.
 00h 00m 02.969s Batch  4 finished.

Error: Invalid partial result by a margin of 0.000000004350063

So apparently if im not able to calculate and gives me errors is something wrong with my GPU?

I also have a Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse and I got...

- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (20 CUs, 1815 MHz, OpenCL 2.0)

Allocated device memory : 335.55 MB
 Batch Size              : 20M
 Reduction Size          : 64 (Type: Default)

00h 00m 00.471s Batch  1 finished.
 00h 00m 00.939s Batch  2 finished.
 00h 00m 01.814s Batch  3 finished.
 00h 00m 02.966s Batch  4 finished.

Error: Invalid partial result by a margin of 0.000000001237872

This thing doesn't like these cards apparently

1 hour ago, Tombfoot said:

I also have a Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse and I got...

- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (20 CUs, 1815 MHz, OpenCL 2.0)

Allocated device memory : 335.55 MB
 Batch Size              : 20M
 Reduction Size          : 64 (Type: Default)

00h 00m 00.471s Batch  1 finished.
 00h 00m 00.939s Batch  2 finished.
 00h 00m 01.814s Batch  3 finished.
 00h 00m 02.966s Batch  4 finished.

Error: Invalid partial result by a margin of 0.000000001237872

This thing doesn't like these cards apparently

Thank god u said this so im not the only one. I was checking my mobo bios date and i updated it to the latest one that is compatible with ryzen 5 3600 cpus tho i dont think thats relevant. If it was a cpu problem the pc wouldnt even boot. Its weird tho it can stay powered for 24 hours in windows and the problems start in gaming.

48 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

Thank god u said this so im not the only one. I was checking my mobo bios date and i updated it to the latest one that is compatible with ryzen 5 3600 cpus tho i dont think thats relevant. If it was a cpu problem the pc wouldnt even boot. Its weird tho it can stay powered for 24 hours in windows and the problems start in gaming.

Yeah, as 5700 XT owners I don't think that software is very reliable as a marker of stability or potential issues.

You have a blower cooler and I have the Pulse with a dual fan design and better thermals so I think we can disregard that particular application in this instance.

Something that came to my mind now.

I had some hdd drives i connected via sata in my system one of two drives when i first put in utorrent settings the destination folder my pc crashed. Now these 2 drives are formatted and i dont use them for anything. My 500gb ssd was enough for everything i needed so far. Could there be a slight chance the hdd is cause my pc to crash??? Altho i dont use it for anything? Guess ill remove them and check it out altho i dont believe it ll make a difference.

Is the DOCP thing in asus motherboards the same thing as enabling an XMP profile for the ram clocks??

1 hour ago, Tombfoot said:

Yeah, as 5700 XT owners I don't think that software is very reliable as a marker of stability or potential issues.

You have a blower cooler and I have the Pulse with a dual fan design and better thermals so I think we can disregard that particular application in this instance.

The software is very reliable,I recommend the 32B since it is the most demanding,

What the software does is basically ask the GPU to calculate the 32nd number of PI,if your GPU fails to do that then something is not right.

Since both of you got an error it could be a driver issue.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

The software is very reliable,I recommend the 32B since it is the most demanding,

What the software does is basically ask the GPU to calculate the 32nd number of PI,if your GPU fails to do that then something is not right.

Since both of you got an error it could be a driver issue.

I managed to get it to work using the 32B but only with the Reduction Size set to 16, anything higher causes problems.

Give this a try @GetYouBarbara

I am seriously thinking about the cpu temps again. Is it normal on cpu stress tests to go at 80 degress? Its the only part i didnt install. They installed it at the shop i bought it from and when i told them to put thermal paste they told me it has one already. Hmmmm

44 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

I am seriously thinking about the cpu temps again. Is it normal on cpu stress tests to go at 80 degress? Its the only part i didnt install. They installed it at the shop i bought it from and when i told them to put thermal paste they told me it has one already. Hmmmm

Those temperatures are OK but not ideal.

Considering your GPU failed the GPUPI test it's very clear that there is a problem there - most likely a driver issue

Your GPU failed at calculating a mathematical number it should have no problem calculating - doing calculations are part of the job of the GPU and if it can't do that accurately that's a big problem.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

By the way,Did you overclock the GPU?

37 minutes ago, Vishera said:

By the way,Did you overclock the GPU?

I havent done any overclocking, no. so how do I fix these calculation errors.... by changing drivers? 

I forgot to mention I didnt unistalled - installed drivers with DDU in safe mode but from windows.... maybe that would change things?

3 hours ago, Tombfoot said:

I spoke to soon. It ran 4 batches and then took a big dump. Yay.

Are you also having PC crashes ??

13 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

Are you also having PC crashes ??

No, I have a very specific issue with the Ghost Recon games that causes my computer to hard lock, but otherwise my computer is fine.

If your computer is constantly restarting/powering off that is a much more serious issue. I don't think bad GPU drivers would cause that.

4 minutes ago, Tombfoot said:

Have you tried updating the BIOS @GetYouBarbara?

Also is the memory you bought specifically listed on the motherboards memory QVL list?

Updated BIOS, memory is listed yes.

Now Im gonna do some testing and reporting back again. I put my PC in safe mode did a unistall of my drivers and put the newest ones.

Maybe now all is gonna be good.

Running GPUPI once more now. with 32B.

I noticed in my Asus BIOS that my CPU temp was at 54 degrees. Is that normal temp? Because I saw some people say 20-30 when idle is normal CPU temp.

GPUPI failed and this is the result:

Calculating 32.000.000.000th digit of PI. 20 iterations.

Allocated device memory : 16.78 MB
 Batch Size              : 1M
 Reduction Size          : 16 (Type: Default)

00h 00m 50.632s Batch  1 finished.
 00h 01m 42.845s Batch  2 finished.
 00h 02m 34.052s Batch  3 finished.
 00h 03m 24.826s Batch  4 finished.

Error: Invalid partial result by a margin of 0.000000001544255

It is same as yours @Tombfoot

Honestly, mate, I would ignore that GPUPI for now as we both get errors but I don't have the issues you have so it is no longer reliable as a tool to help narrow down your issue.
Have you tried running memtest86 to check for any memory problems? I would strongly recommend doing that.

3 minutes ago, Tombfoot said:

Honestly, mate, I would ignore that GPUPI for now as we both get errors but I don't have the issues you have so it is no longer reliable as a tool to help narrow down your issue.
Have you tried running memtest86 to check for any memory problems? I would strongly recommend doing that.

Yea already done that. so far I havent got any crashes. been playing hearthstone for a while now.

2 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

Yea already done that. so far I havent got any crashes. been playing hearthstone for a while now.

Weird. Do you have an old graphics card or who have a friend who could brings their over for testing?

On 12/12/2019 at 6:20 PM, GetYouBarbara said:

I tried playing CSGO and the system crashed.

Whenever my PC crashes it doesnt start again, I have a black screen on monitor

It's a driver issue, Try driver 19.7.5: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-7-5

pastedImage_3.png

Seems like history is repeating itself:

https://www.pcinvasion.com/r9-380-black-screen-issues-amds-persistent-unsolved-bug/

22 minutes ago, Tombfoot said:

19 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

16 minutes ago, Tombfoot said:

Weird. Do you have an old graphics card or who have a friend who could brings their over for testing?

That's not weird,just a frustrating comeback of an old bug,

Such bugs you will never see with Nvidia,

At the current state of the 5700 XT drivers GPUPI will not work,

The last time i used an AMD card i had the same exact problem - it was fixed with a driver update 2 years after the issue began...

33 minutes ago, Tombfoot said:

I think my motherboard or CPU has an integrated graphics card so might as well test that. Will see what Vishera said also.

2 minutes ago, GetYouBarbara said:

I think my motherboard or CPU has an integrated graphics card so might as well test that. Will see what Vishera said also.

You don't have integrated graphics.