weird problem with my internet

bobiray

hello every one,

I recently got myself 1gb of internet but after the technician came to install the modem i try my new internet and i got around 950mbps so everything good right? but a little after i retry the speed and i'm down to 3mbps every time. 

here in the picture you can see the two setup i try to connect my pc 

the modem is  https://www.go2mhz.com/SpecSheet_mhz.asp?strPagID=2943&strSolID=828

the router is https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/product/B00BUSDVBQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my motherboard in my pc is https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/LGA-1150-processeur-CrossFireX-Contr%C3%B4leur-DEPENDENT/dp/B00TUVRDP0/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_fr_CA=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=asus+motherboard+lga1150&qid=1576091463&sr=8-7

I called my ISP and we did the usual stuff to troubleshoot from there side everything is perfect so its probably on my side but i don't see where 

can it be my LAN port that just bust after getting 950mbps? if anyone got any tips plz inform me and thanks for any help!.

sorry if my English is not perfect i'm french and try my best :D

router.png

Did you try using another computer? Did you try using a different OS? It could be an issue with Windows or your computer. If another computer acts identically we'll know it's an issue with the network.

You should probably also mention how you tested the speed. Did you use a speed test, or are you downloading from a certain site? Do the problems happen in both configuration (with and without router)?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you try using another computer? Did you try using a different OS? It could be an issue with Windows or your computer. If another computer acts identically we'll know it's an issue with the network.

i didn't think to try on another os and i was planning to try on my relatively old portable I have.

thanks

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

You should probably also mention how you tested the speed. Did you use a speed test, or are you downloading from a certain site? Do the problems happen in both configuration (with and without router)?

hello sorry for the miss communication but yes i used speed test and with or without the router i'm getting 3mbps 

6 minutes ago, bobiray said:

i didn't think to try on another os and i was planning to try on my relatively old portable I have.

thanks

Trying a different OS may help tell us if it's just an issue with your Windows install but not your hardware.

Portable as in laptop? If you mean wireless you may have trouble reaching Gigabit speeds at all. Though you should see speeds much higher than 3.

Did you only do speed tests or did you try downloading some files? It's possible it's just an error with speedtest.

14 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Trying a different OS may help tell us if it's just an issue with your Windows install but not your hardware.

Portable as in laptop? If you mean wireless you may have trouble reaching Gigabit speeds at all. Though you should see speeds much higher than 3.

Did you only do speed tests or did you try downloading some files? It's possible it's just an error with speedtest.

sorry i meant laptop :3 with a wired connection and yes i did only test with speedtest

Do you have QoS enabled on your router? If so, try turning it off. QoS can sometimes act strangely. I typically suggest leaving it off unless you have a specific need for it (which on a gigabit connection you probably do not).

Just now, sphbecker said:

Do you have QoS enabled on your router? If so, try turning it off. QoS can sometimes act strangely. I typically suggest leaving it off unless you have a specific need for it (which on a gigabit connection you probably do not).

I'm gonna check this when I'm back home but thanks for the tips !