Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seaways

GPU hitting 100 in 3D

Posted · Original PosterOP

While playing Destiny 2 the game will run fine until about 5 minuets into playing it'll crash, in task manager the 3D graph shows a spike that goes up to 100 then back down to normal. I'm not sure if this is the reason for the game crashing, but it's the only thing that seems out of place after the game crashes.

That doesnt mean anything. Check event viewer for why destiny2 crashed (or even better show us the log), also monitor your temperatures during gaming.

35 minutes ago, Seaways said:

goes up to 100

Hi there,  100 what? 

You mean GPU usage? that would be actually normal at 100%....

As for your issue,  that's a known bug,  the game just doesn't seem to be very good... 

Thousands of threads all over the Internet with your exact same issue. 

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20759319856?page=2

Seems capping the framerate to 60 seems to fix it. 

Give it a try,  otherwise you'll need to find other fixes and see what works for you.  Also can try updating your drivers of course  

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just realized that it is not only happening with destiny, it's also happening with cs:go even though I was only playing the training. I have no idea anymore as I'm new to the pc world and just built my system last month. My drivers are up to date and my gpu hasn't hit 100% usage, just the graph for the 3D portion spiked up to the max of the graph.

1 hour ago, Seaways said:

I just realized that it is not only happening with destiny, it's also happening with cs:go even though I was only playing the training. I have no idea anymore as I'm new to the pc world and just built my system last month. My drivers are up to date and my gpu hasn't hit 100% usage, just the graph for the 3D portion spiked up to the max of the graph.

100 percent usage while gaming is normal.  Have you tried reinstalling the offending games?

GAMING RIG -----> i7 4790k - GTX 1080 - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Fractal Design Define S - LOTS of Noctua cooling

FOLDING RIG ----> i7 2700K - GTX 1070 - GTX 1660 Ti - ASUS something or another motherboard - Antec 900