Alternative to CUPS for Ras-Pi Print Server

Car712

Ok so, recently I learned that CUPS is a giant piece of garbage that barely works 1% of the time. I have 2 Raspberry Pi Zero W's around my house connected by USB to 2 different printers. Is there any alternative print server software to CUPS? Right now they are running Raspbian, and it doesn't seem like I can install Windows 10 IoT on them (unsupported CPU)... Please someone tell me there is a alternative to this piece of crap software that is CUPS...

And yes, I've tried every troubleshooting technique possible, its just not gonna work, CUPS is awful..

You wont find any alternatives outside of paid products like Papercut or PrinterLogic. Set up a windows print server I guess. 

CUPS is the de facto standard for *nix and has been for decades. For 2 printers you may as well just map your printers directly. 

edit: Samba has a print server front-end that might work. It does use CUPS on the back-end tho. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4