Anyone interested in a P106 card with DP and HDMI soldered onto it?

rvasquez6089

Title says it all. After watching old Linus video about using the P106 mining card as a graphics card, I figured i'd take it a step further and solder on HDMI and DVI to one of these myself. I just purchased one a zotac P106 3gb from hongkong. Ill update this thread as things move along. 

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was also thinking in buying p106-100 6gb , soldering ports on the back, and trying to flash 1060 bios maybe.

You can get back bracket here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000262089230.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.46992f6bxXNTtT&algo_pvid=f9fa1ec8-028f-4e32-bb72-c49f59d2ea2a&algo_expid=f9fa1ec8-028f-4e32-bb72-c49f59d2ea2a-1&btsid=fcde97de-93ae-4fad-bb18-c9db47e6d89e&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_53

Would you try flashing bios from Zotac 1060 3GB (normal version) and report us the results?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KdnTXk65X4  tutorial on how to do so

Zotac 1060 3gb Mini : most suitable one? 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/186145/zotac-gtx1060-3072-160708  (bios)

• 2 months later...

anything new ???? did you solder the ports on ?

• 1 month later...

Hi. I've just won an eBay bid for a Zotac P106-3GB mining card by just knowing half of the story through LTT video. What I didn't realize was I actually need to have an Intel core 4th Gen and above (this part I didn't know) with integrated graphics built-in to make the method work. Now, I want to attempt the physical way of making this card work even for an older gen of cpu.

I know a bit of soldering skills and have previously soldered laptop power jack and mosfet before. Do have a little confidence with soldering.

Really interested to see what was the outcome of this trials by rvasquez6089. Do I need to flash the ROM even after soldering the port?

Update 28th May 2020.

I've received my mining GPU and taken the cover off to see if there is any different. When comparing the real GPU and the mining GPU, the mining GPU card near the video output ports are missing a bunch of resister / mosfet / electronic stuff. So, the conclusion is, 99.99% these mining GPU will not video out even if a HDMI or DVI molex solder onto it. That is why nVidia sell them so cheap. The only hope of using these cards are basically limited to the method shown in LTT video. Just wasted $94 bidding for this card as I don't have an Intel core 4th Gen CPU setup. Sigh...

Missing.png

• 4 months later...

I'm interested in how this would work if you used a displaylink usb adapter/dock? May update if I try it.

• 2 months later...

I have a Gigabyte P104-100. I too a picture of a real Gigabyte windforce oc 1080 8gb with all the connections and bought it similar parts online, soldered them all on and finally soldered a HDMI port on it. First it didn't give any video out (which is obvious) , but I plugged in another card,  downloaded drivers for a 1080 and flashed them to the p0104. The flash was successful and I was finally getting video output from the p104. Also I had molded it from 4gb to 8gb so now I have a fully functional 1080 with 8gb vram

• 5 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 9:44 AM, Carrot7 said:

I have a Gigabyte P104-100. I too a picture of a real Gigabyte windforce oc 1080 8gb with all the connections and bought it similar parts online, soldered them all on and finally soldered a HDMI port on it. First it didn't give any video out (which is obvious) , but I plugged in another card,  downloaded drivers for a 1080 and flashed them to the p0104. The flash was successful and I was finally getting video output from the p104. Also I had molded it from 4gb to 8gb so now I have a fully functional 1080 with 8gb vram

Can you give details on how yo did it?

• 2 years later...