first time flush

murf33
Go to solution Solved by bling,

Vinegar is usually ok for radiators but it can damage other components, you need to check the materials. Anyway I wouldn't trust vinegar in the loop for all that time. Just wash the radiators a few times with water and white vinegar, then rinse with tap water and then distilled water. For all the other parts I only rinse them with water (tap and then distilled)

So I just ordered my parts to build my first water cooling loop. Some of the videos I've watched mentioned that you should run the loop with vinegar in it, for half a day, to remove the last of remnants of any residue from the machining of the part.

My problem is i haven't seen any videos of tutorials that actually show this. From what i can see u just build your loop normally and run vinegar through it for half a day then drain. That being said, I'm assuming you need to then flush your loop with distilled water to remove all the vinegar before adding the fluid i'm going to use. For reference all the parts I'm using are from EKWB and the fluid I'm using is their EK-CryoFuel Blood Red and I'm doing the whole loop in soft tubing since its my first loop to keep it a bit simpler.

Is distilled water enough to remove all the vinegar and maintain a neutral pH? If not what should i use to make sure i have an ideal pH before adding my fluid? Or should i just use a premade kit like Mayhems Blitz Cleaning System?

I would not trust vinegar in my loop due to risk of corrosion (and it stinks). Just buy the ant-microorganims stuff and flush your loop every 6 months to a year. Also use distilled water instead of pre mix as it corroded the parts less

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

1 hour ago, murf33 said:

So I just ordered my parts to build my first water cooling loop. Some of the videos I've watched mentioned that you should run the loop with vinegar in it, for half a day, to remove the last of remnants of any residue from the machining of the part.

My problem is i haven't seen any videos of tutorials that actually show this. From what i can see u just build your loop normally and run vinegar through it for half a day then drain. That being said, I'm assuming you need to then flush your loop with distilled water to remove all the vinegar before adding the fluid i'm going to use. For reference all the parts I'm using are from EKWB and the fluid I'm using is their EK-CryoFuel Blood Red and I'm doing the whole loop in soft tubing since its my first loop to keep it a bit simpler.

Is distilled water enough to remove all the vinegar and maintain a neutral pH? If not what should i use to make sure i have an ideal pH before adding my fluid? Or should i just use a premade kit like Mayhems Blitz Cleaning System?

Welcome to the Forums!

For new components I usually don't recommend to use vingear but to just use tap water to flush and rinse the rads out multiple times to ensure nothing is left from manufacturing. At the end you will want to use distilled water to do the last few flushes to remove any minerals or contaminates that may be left from the tap water before assembly.

Vinegar is usually ok for radiators but it can damage other components, you need to check the materials. Anyway I wouldn't trust vinegar in the loop for all that time. Just wash the radiators a few times with water and white vinegar, then rinse with tap water and then distilled water. For all the other parts I only rinse them with water (tap and then distilled)

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time