Trackpad not showing in device manager? Please Help.

TheGreatGamesby

Hello, so I recently purchased a new laptop for black friday, this one to be exact. Using the trackpad was not super great software wise. I saw this video, and decided to try to upgrade the drivers. I went into device manager and saw HID compliant mouse. I believe that is the mouse I had plugged in and not my trackpad, how do I get it to show the trackpad. (Sorry if this is the wrong sub-form, I didnt know anywhere else.)

Capture.PNG

Just right click on it and "Uninstall Device" if its your USB mouse it should be working once you unplug and plug it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Just right click on it and "Uninstall Device" if its your USB mouse it should be working once you unplug and plug it.

yeah it was my mouse, so how do I get the trackpad to show up now?

Just now, TheGreatGamesby said:

yeah it was my mouse, so how do I get the trackpad to show up now?

https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases/tag/v0.10.58 Download this app, run it as admin then assuming you can find the driver you installed uninstall it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases/tag/v0.10.58 Download this app, run it as admin then assuming you can find the driver you installed uninstall it.

I don't think you understand, I have not downloaded it yet. For me to download the new drivers, I must figure out what type of trackpad I have (ie. Elan) and then download the correct file. For me to see the type of trackpad, I must look in device manager. I do not see the trackpad in device manager. Sorry for any confussion

3 minutes ago, TheGreatGamesby said:

I don't think you understand, I have not downloaded it yet. For me to download the new drivers, I must figure out what type of trackpad I have (ie. Elan) and then download the correct file. For me to see the type of trackpad, I must look in device manager. I do not see the trackpad in device manager. Sorry for any confussion

What I am telling you is to uninstall the drivers that you installed using that APP I provided and once you reboot if the hardware is still working once you reboot, Windows should recognize it and install drivers for it.

EDIT: FYI: you can find your touchpad driver here:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505GT/HelpDesk_download/

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

What I am telling you is to uninstall the drivers that you installed using that APP I provided and once you reboot if the hardware is still working once you reboot, Windows should recognize it and install drivers for it.

EDIT: FYI: you can find your touchpad driver here:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505GT/HelpDesk_download/

I uninstalled the driver for the pointing device with the software and rebooted. The trackpad still worked fine. I checked device manager and it still didnt show up