Should I buy a PS4 ?

I'm planning to buy a PS4 early next year (somewhere around January or February 2020) but heard that the ps5 will release somewhere at the end of the year in 2020. I know that the price of the ps5 will be really expensive, the prices of ps4s now are quite cheap. Should I still consider buying a PS4 early next year? And if so, how long before developers stop making games that support the PS4?

3 minutes ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

And if so, how long before developers stop making games that support the PS4?

my crystal ball says 42. 

4 minutes ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

Should I still consider buying a PS4 early next year?

depends if you can wait. or one can allways push in a cheeky PC, tho im sure that is not what you are looking for. 

57 minutes ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

I know that the price of the ps5 will be really expensive, the prices of ps4s now are quite cheap.

You kind of answered your own question as you find the alleged price of the PS5 to be expensive.

59 minutes ago, Yoolooooo122 said:

Should I still consider buying a PS4 early next year? And if so, how long before developers stop making games that support the PS4?

I'd say why not, the later you leave it, the sooner your PS4 wil go obselete. But given with the lifespan of previous consoles like the Xbox 360 and PS3, you shouldn't need to worry.

Have you considered a PS4 Pro?

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

8 minutes ago, sowon said:

You kind of answered your own question as you find the alleged price of the PS5 to be expensive.

I'd say why not, the later you leave it, the sooner your PS4 wil go obselete. But given with the lifespan of previous consoles like the Xbox 360 and PS3, you shouldn't need to worry.

Have you considered a PS4 Pro?

yeah since the price is cheaper just go with Pro. at least have some 4k support. well even its not " True 4K" but still worth it.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

No, not next year when it'll be $300. If you want to buy a PS4 buy it Black Friday week when it'll be on sale for $199 and also come with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last of Us. Otherwise save your $300 to put towards PS5 in November or so. Sounds like the PS5 will be $500 or less.

Absolutely!!! now is a great time. the ps4 is so late into its life. the library of games is immense. not to mention pre-owned games are really cheap. i think you're gonna get alot of time out of the ps4.

i also believe in not buying the launch models of any console. its always nice to wait out whatever problems the next system will have. and wait for sony/microsoft to fix them. 

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Yes its worth it for the exclusives alone.  I just ordered Spider Man from amazon used for like 8 dollars and 50 cents.

On my first playthrough on Horizon Zero Dawn, currently working on God Of War.  Well worth it.  I have a 1tb PS4 slim, just waiting for next year for ps5.

I7 9700k- MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2X8GB - EVGA RTX 2080 TI Black Edition - WD BLACK NVMe M.2 500GB -  EVGA Supernova 650 P2, 80+ Platinum -Nzxt H500 - Display Dell S2721DGF 27" - Keyboard- Razer Huntsman Mini 60%  - Mouse- Logitech G203  - Headset  Astro A50 2019 Edition - Speakers - Logitech Z623

On 11/13/2019 at 3:12 PM, Yoolooooo122 said:

I'm planning to buy a PS4 early next year (somewhere around January or February 2020) but heard that the ps5 will release somewhere at the end of the year in 2020. I know that the price of the ps5 will be really expensive, the prices of ps4s now are quite cheap. Should I still consider buying a PS4 early next year? And if so, how long before developers stop making games that support the PS4?

just sold my PS4 Pro.
most games are running at a 30 fps target with very low settings.
the games are very expensive
you have to pay 60€ per year to play online

not worth the hassle for the performance you get.

Rather buy a switch and invest in a gaming PC

If you want it for exclusives yes because I got my ps4 in September. God of war 4 is a good game. The ps5 could come down in price next year at black friday. 

(\/) (°,,,,°) (\/)