MSI RTX 2080 Ti Question

Driver95

Hey, i bought a new prebuild pc from a rather big company here in Germany. he arrived today and while inspecting it i noticed that my 2080 Ti is not from Palit as it should be, instead i got this 2080 Ti (Photos) and i wanna ask you guys if this is a real 2080 ti with the MSI Aero Design or a fake one, i did a little research and there is no 2080 Ti with this Aero Design from MSI, atleast not in Germany/Europe, i found some information on the Card on the Chinese MSI Website and some Turkish Websites who sell them, One on ebay too, from the US. What do you think? Sorry about my English and Sorry for the Bad pics, theres some dust on the Glass Panel already.

F438D808-799A-4D44-B864-930F0F0055BB.jpeg

738C3895-E11F-44B8-BFD4-C8212AE6C1A5.jpeg

0873C64F-EAA0-4AA3-8D8A-78E53BB12E4E.jpeg

The English is more than adequate.  The pics are less than adequate.  There should be stickers on the card with code numbers on them.  Those are what needs to be seen to tell the make and model of the card they sent.  (DO NOT REMOVE THEM!). It looks vaguely like a reference blower card of some sort, but I can’t even be sure about that.

I also don’t know exactly what card you were promised so it’s hard to tell if this card is even equivalent to what you ordered or not.  From what little I found on the internet Palit doesn’t even sell a reference style blower card.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was promised a Palit 2080 Ti GamingPro or Dual, the seller didnt really clarify which one. I Cant really make better pictures because the Glass Panel is reflecting too much. Any Serial Numbers Are Hard to see too.

@Bombastinator tag the OP didn't do

OP: make sure to tag or quote someone you are replying to

can you take off the glass side panel?

also your english is waaaaay better than a lot of people at my school

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

9 hours ago, Driver95 said:

Hey, i bought a new prebuild pc from a rather big company here in Germany. he arrived today and while inspecting it i noticed that my 2080 Ti is not from Palit as it should be, instead i got this 2080 Ti (Photos) and i wanna ask you guys if this is a real 2080 ti with the MSI Aero Design or a fake one, i did a little research and there is no 2080 Ti with this Aero Design from MSI, atleast not in Germany/Europe, i found some information on the Card on the Chinese MSI Website and some Turkish Websites who sell them, One on ebay too, from the US. What do you think? Sorry about my English and Sorry for the Bad pics, theres some dust on the Glass Panel already.

Oh i have seen such OEM versions of GPUs from prebuilt PC's before. Dell also uses 2080ti's you can normally not buy anywhere else. To see if its a real 2080ti one thing you can do is just to benchmark it and compare results. Other than that i cant believe that a reputable company no matter how big would sell you a fake card, unless you've bought it in China. The question would be why would you buy your prebuilt PC at a nonreputable vendor in the first place. Have you bought it from Otto?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

8 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Oh i have seen such OEM versions of GPUs from prebuilt PC's before. Dell also uses 2080ti's you can normally not buy anywhere else. To see if its a real 2080ti one thing you can do is just to benchmark it and compare results. Other than that i cant believe that a reputable company no matter how big would sell you a fake card, unless you've bought it in China. The question would be why would you buy your prebuilt PC at a nonreputable vendor in the first place. Have you bought it from Otto?

Yes, i bought it from Otto, its a Captiva G29IG 19V1, i might do some benchmarks and compare it, i already thought of that too. 

@Gegger Yes i can unscrew the 4 screws that hold the Panel in its place.

4 hours ago, Driver95 said:

Yes, i bought it from Otto, its a Captiva G29IG 19V1, i might do some benchmarks and compare it, i already thought of that too. 

@Gegger Yes i can unscrew the 4 screws that hold the Panel in its place.

pics with the panel off?

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

Spoiler

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

@Gegger

Sorry for the late reply, here are pictures with the Panel off, and if you Zoom in you can clearly see Geforce RTX 2080 Ti Aero 11G written on the Sticker on the second pic.

B4A941D6-C22F-4C2F-8DD8-81B21BFE0EE5.jpeg

9D5FEB94-CED3-49A8-940E-6D79044EF79F.jpeg

54723CFC-9B8A-485D-88D1-2AF341880EC7.jpeg

Contact the seller and ask what happened. Now that you can tell what card you got(it's actually decent, not too bad), you have proof that they sent you the wrong card. Seems like a mixup of some sort

Spoiler

Return the system and get the other card. The model you have there is one of the cheapest and crappiest cooler out there and easily saves the seller a hundred dollar or so.

that seller is definitely not honest in doing a switch a roo 

@Gegger @Bcat00

i already contacted the seller and i was told that its identical in performance. the reason i asked on this forum is because i thought it was a fake card with a flashed BIOS or something like that. I have the System up and running since Saturday and i'm pretty satisfied with how it runs, even with the single fan it maintains 74-78 degrees celsius while gaming on Ultra Settings and 144hz, not more. Sure it's a bit louder with the single fan but not too much.

2 hours ago, Driver95 said:

@Gegger @Bcat00

i already contacted the seller and i was told that its identical in performance. the reason i asked on this forum is because i thought it was a fake card with a flashed BIOS or something like that. I have the System up and running since Saturday and i'm pretty satisfied with how it runs, even with the single fan it maintains 74-78 degrees celsius while gaming on Ultra Settings and 144hz, not more. Sure it's a bit louder with the single fan but not too much.

It's basically the same, just cooling is different. :) have fun with your system!

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Return the system and get the other card. The model you have there is one of the cheapest and crappiest cooler out there and easily saves the seller a hundred dollar or so.

that seller is definitely not honest in doing a switch a roo 

2 hours ago, Driver95 said:

@Gegger @Bcat00

You will eventually regret owning a turbo version of this GPU.  Eventually the thermals and noise will drive you crazy.  

Also me:  Its not a Palit RTX 2080 ti which is a legit company, and an MSI turbo cooled card is a fallacy in comparison.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 2:59 PM, Driver95 said:

@Gegger @Bcat00

Hey bud I don't know what you're doing as of now but I would return that. No one buys blower style unless you want to water cool or you have to put this in a server.  The system builder ripped you off. Yes the card performance is pretty much the same but they charged you for a quieter cooler card and that is false advertising. Her in the US we would put them out of business for those kinds of things. 

Also I just bought the same card from Asus with the intention of water cooling it. I wouldn't leave it as a blower cooler because it will be way too loud. 

Anyway just my 2 cents. I hope you enjoy it. 

• 1 month later...

@Bombastinator @DarkSmith2 @Bcat00 @Gegger @Tristerin @Austin.j.porterfield @Dean.P.

Hey! I almost forgot about my post here, so, yeah, i've been using the PC since nearly a month now and i must say that i'm really happy with it Performance-wise, it's a beast, so to say. sure it's a blower card, but i don't have any problems with thermal throttle or something like that, and when im not working im playing a good 6-8 hours a day on weekends and the temperature of the 2080 Ti always hovers around 78 degrees Celsius and the fan noise isn't so bad after all, i have a feeling that it was louder for the first days of heavy usage. Nothing compared to the GTX 760 OC Blower that i had as a replacement card in my old System that i used until 2017. that thing was really loud and since i sold it in 2017 i was switching from a Laptop with a 1060 that i sold which did thermal throttle really bad to a Tower with an 1080 which i ended up selling too for the Tower with the 2080 Ti and i'm not planning on selling it haha.

28 minutes ago, Driver95 said:

@Bombastinator @DarkSmith2 @Bcat00 @Gegger @Tristerin @Austin.j.porterfield @Dean.P.

Hey! I almost forgot about my post here, so, yeah, i've been using the PC since nearly a month now and i must say that i'm really happy with it Performance-wise, it's a beast, so to say. sure it's a blower card, but i don't have any problems with thermal throttle or something like that, and when im not working im playing a good 6-8 hours a day on weekends and the temperature of the 2080 Ti always hovers around 78 degrees Celsius and the fan noise isn't so bad after all, i have a feeling that it was louder for the first days of heavy usage. Nothing compared to the GTX 760 OC Blower that i had as a replacement card in my old System that i used until 2017. that thing was really loud and since i sold it in 2017 i was switching from a Laptop with a 1060 that i sold which did thermal throttle really bad to a Tower with an 1080 which i ended up selling too for the Tower with the 2080 Ti and i'm not planning on selling it haha.

Blower cards are better for temps and case heat and worse for noise.  If you don’t care about noise it doesn’t matter. Have fun :)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.