iPhone 11 Pro Max vs OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition

The flagship iPhone vs The real Limited Edition Flagship OnePlus

*For all you apple fans out there, and for all you android fans out there, i promise, even do i prefer android, this will be a honest comparison.

So how is it going to work?

There will be a couple of rounds:

1. Performance
  2. Camera
  3. Display
  4. Price
  5. Security

For each round, 5 Points will be given all together.

The winner is the phone with the most points.

Round 1 | Performance

As we know, the OnePlus 7T Pro (Bla bla...) comes with a Snapdragon 855 Plus chip, while the iPhone 11 comes with a new A13 Bionic Chip.

Other then that, the OnePlus comes with 12 GB of RAM, while the iPhone comes with only 4.

But, when it comes to bare performance, the iPhone is faster in loading apps, and the same results in how much apps it keeps in the background.

When it comes to benchmarks, again, the iPhone wins, here are the results:

• GeekBench 5 (CPU) | OnePlus - 761 Single Core, 2818 Multi Core. iPhone - 1334 Single Core, 3581 Multi Core.
  • GeekBench 5 Compute (GPU) | OnePlus - 2690. iPhone - 6391
  • GFX Bench - Off Screen (FPS) | OnePlus - 112FPS. iPhone - 116FPS
  • JavaScript - Sunspider | OnePlus - 338.1ms. iPhone - 105.4ms (The Lower The Better) (Tested in Safari on iPhone, Chrome on OnePlus (Native Browser) )

5 Points to iPhone | 0 Points to OnePlus

Round 2 | Camera

Here are the camera specs:

• iPhone
    - Rear Telephoto | 12MP

- Rear Main / Wide | 12MP
    - Rear Ultrawide | 12MP
    - Front | 12MP
  • OnePlus
    - Rear Main / Wide | 48MP
    - Rear Ultrawide | 16MP
    - Rear Telephoto | 8MP
    - Front (Motorized Pop-Up) | 16MP

The specs show that the OnePlus should have a better camera, but is that true?

In short: Partly yes, partly no.

In long: The iPhone has better photo processing and a better dynamic range, while the OnePlus has more sharpness & has a better night mode.

1 Point to iPhone | 4 Points to OnePlus

Round 3 | Display

The display specs are for the OnePlus, as shown here:

OnePlus

• Giant 6.64 Inch display.
  • Optical AMOLED.
  • 1440x3120 Pixels.
  • 558 ppi.
  • 90Hz.

iPhone

• Big 6.5 Inch display.
  • OLED (Finally, apple...)
  • 1242x2688 Pixels.
  • 458 ppi.
  • 60Hz.

And also, you can feel the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren has a smoother display with 90Hz, although the iPhone 11 Pro Max actually competes pretty well.

Round 4 | Price

Did i already mention the ridiculous price tag of the iPhone 11 Pro Max at $1099 for 64GB, wich can get up to $1999 for 512GB? Thats $2000 out of your wallet! The OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition isnt so cheap either, sadly, $831 for 256GB, even do thats less then half the price of a 512GB iPhone 11 Pro Max, and is cheaper then a 64GB iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I guess this round again is a win for OnePlus.

Round 5 | Security

In security, the iPhone actually can be a winner.

Apple wont stop bragging about Face ID, and i agree with them, its flippin good, and is ultra fast, but really, why ditch the Fingerprint Scanner? Make the apple logo the Fingerprint scanner and im sure your  sales are gonna up.

In the side of OnePlus, they also have Face Recognition, but not as superior as Face ID, but they have the super-ultra-fast Under-The-Display fingerprint scanner, wich is faster then Face ID.

2.5 Points to iPhone | 2.5 Points to OnePlus

THE BIG CONCLUSION!

OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition | 14.5 Points

iPhone 11 Pro Max | 10.5 Points

The overall winner would be OnePlus if you want the most out of your smartphone.

If you want to brag about you and your friends ain't some tech guys your better off with the iPhone.

16 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

The specs show that the OnePlus should have a better camera, but is that true?

No the specs don’t show this at all. More Megapixels =/= better.

16 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

OLED (Finally, apple...)

They’ve had OLED for 3 years

17 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

Did i already mention the ridiculous price tag of the iPhone 11 Pro Max at $1099 for 64GB, wich can get up to $1999 for 512GB?

What??? No it’s not. Top end is $1449. It’s not $2000

18 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

Round 5 | Security

In security, the iPhone actually can be a winner.

Apple wont stop bragging about Face ID, and i agree with them, its flippin good, and is ultra fast, but really, why ditch the Fingerprint Scanner? Make the apple logo the Fingerprint scanner and im sure your  sales are gonna up.

In the side of OnePlus, they also have Face Recognition, but not as superior as Face ID, but they have the super-ultra-fast Under-The-Display fingerprint scanner, wich is faster then Face ID.

2.5 Points to iPhone | 2.5 Points to OnePlus

This entire thing is wrong. If we are doing this purely off of actual security the iPhone would take all the points here. FaceID is a much more secure system than other phones face unlock because it uses IR and a bunch of other sensors to actually scan and map your face. Other face scanners like One Plus just use facial recognition and can be unlocked with a photo of you. On top of this FaceID is harder to fool than any fingerprint scanner. Plus Apple’s better track record with data privacy.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

What??? No it’s not. Top end is $1449. It’s not $2000

Thats just wrong. You can check ebay.

Just now, SnowTech said:

Thats just wrong. You can check ebay.

What? Who buys new iPhones on eBay?? 

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

They’ve had OLED for 3 years

They use it from the 10, wich was 2 Years ago. the 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max is the 4th and 5th iPhones to receive a OLED.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

What? Who buys new iPhones on eBay?? 

Nobody, but i am just showing till where the prices can get. BTW i never purchase from Ebay, only manufacturers web.

Just now, SnowTech said:

Nobody, but i am just showing till where the prices can get. BTW i never purchase from Ebay, only manufacturers web.

So if I find a seller on eBay selling a 7T for $5000 then I guess the iPhone wins in pricing by that logic.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

This entire thing is wrong. If we are doing this purely off of actual security the iPhone would take all the points here. FaceID is a much more secure system than other phones face unlock because it uses IR and a bunch of other sensors to actually scan and map your face. Other face scanners like One Plus just use facial recognition and can be unlocked with a photo of you. On top of this FaceID is harder to fool than any fingerprint scanner. Plus Apple’s better track record with data privacy.

Well, the problem is that the FaceID is not more secure then the Fingerprint Scanner in OnePlus 7T Pro

So if I find a seller on eBay selling a 7T for $5000 then I guess the iPhone wins in pricing by that logic.

Untill i find a iPhone with $10000 price tag.

25 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

Here are the camera specs:

• iPhone
    - Rear Telephoto | 12MP

- Rear Main / Wide | 12MP
    - Rear Ultrawide | 12MP
    - Front | 12MP
  • OnePlus
    - Rear Main / Wide | 48MP
    - Rear Ultrawide | 16MP
    - Rear Telephoto | 8MP
    - Front (Motorized Pop-Up) | 16MP

I'll be damned if there is a single instance in which the OnePlus produces a better photo than the 11 Pro Max. Simply looking at theoretical specs tells you nothing about the camera. You need to actually compare images that came out of the cameras. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, SnowTech said:

Well, the problem is that the FaceID is not more secure then the Fingerprint Scanner in OnePlus 7T Pro

.....It is though. That’s just a fact. Look it up.

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I'll be damned if there is a single instance in which the OnePlus produces a better photo than the 11 Pro Max. Simply looking at theoretical specs tells you nothing about the camera. You need to actually compare images that came out of the cameras. 

Thats what i did. And what i said is, the OnePlus has sharper photos & better night mode, but the iPhone has better processing & dynamic range.

1 minute ago, SnowTech said:

Thats what i did. And what i said is, the OnePlus has sharper photos & better night mode, but the iPhone has better processing & dynamic range.

More megapixels =/= sharper.

More megapixels =/= sharper.

Well, maybe, but the OnePlus's photos are sharper.

2 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

Well, maybe, but the OnePlus's photos are sharper.

According to who? That would be a very minority opinion even among Android fans.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

According to who? That would be a very minority opinion even among Android fans.

Well, after i saw shot's of both, thats what i think, and thats what most people think.

Just now, SnowTech said:

Well, after i saw shot's of both, thats what i think, and thats what most people think.

What??? No it’s not. Every reviewer every year complains about how lackluster One Plus cameras are compared to actual flagships.

BTW for you claiming this review is unbiased there is some massive obvious bias like that eBay price shit that’s 100000% irrelevant.

42 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

The overall winner would be OnePlus if you want the most out of your smartphone.

If you want to brag about you and your friends ain't some tech guys your better off with the iPhone.

Also this is extremely biased. How is the One Plus the most out of your smartphone? With that compared to the 11 Pro Max I get, worse battery life, less color accurate screen, no wireless charging, no IP rating, slower CPU and Storage, worse camera, and more. 

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Also this is extremely biased. How is the One Plus the most out of your smartphone? With that compared to the 11 Pro Max I get, worse battery life, less color accurate screen, no wireless charging, no IP rating, slower CPU and Storage, worse camera, and more. 

Did you just say WORSE BATTERY LIFE?

Thats just wrong. The OnePlus should last the same time, and it has a 90Hz display.

Other then that the IP Rating really dosn't matter, that does not mean that it aint water resistant, just that it wasnt checked / noticed.

1 minute ago, SnowTech said:

Thats just wrong. The OnePlus should last the same time, and it has a 90Hz display.

Other then that the IP Rating really dosn't matter, that does not mean that it aint water resistant, just that it wasnt checked / noticed.

Just because something should be one thing doesn't mean it can't be another thing. 

3 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

It is worse battery life. Smaller battery than iPhone 11 Pro Max with higher resolution, 90Hz, more power hungry CPU, and worse Android power management = worse battery life.

This “review” is so biased it’s not even funny. You mention things that are hits against the iPhone that are either untrue or irrelevant. Then your ignore almost all the things I pointed out.

If you are using bencmarks made by someone other than yourself, please link to source. Same goes for specs, even if you are looking at manufacturers own page.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

30 minutes ago, SnowTech said:

The battery life doesn't really matter as long as the phone gets you through a whole day, and if you're used to Android get the OP7T Pro McLaren.

Cameras are great on both, manufacturers are throwing more cameras on instead of higher quality image sensors, but phone cameras pale in comparison to about any DSLR camera.

I personally don't trust the water resistance ratings, especially not with an expensive phone, it's nice to have however I wouldn't get the phone wet intentionally.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

The battery life doesn't really matter as long as the phone gets you through a whole day, and if you're used to Android get the OP7T Pro McLaren.

Cameras are great on both, manufacturers are throwing more cameras on instead of higher quality image sensors, but phone cameras pale in comparison to about any DSLR camera.

I personally don't trust the water resistance ratings, especially not with an expensive phone, it's nice to have however I wouldn't get the phone wet intentionally.

Agreed ?