Cyrptomining on the cloud?

How much can I make mining crytocurrencies? 

And which coins are the most profitable?

FYI, for one of my CS classes I am taking in college, I am given free credits for Google cloud. Except when I am debugging, my servers sit idle most of the time. I have 20 instances of servers equipped with xenon processors and 32 gigs or so rams for me to play with. With these compute power, how much money can I make from mining? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 4:13 PM, wasab said:

FYI, for one of my CS classes I am taking in college, I am given free credits for Google cloud. Except when I am debugging, my servers sit idle most of the time. I have 20 instances of servers equipped with xenon processors and 32 gigs or so rams for me to play with. With these compute power, how much money can I make from mining? 

I do not think you can earn anything worthy with those CPUs but I might be wrong.

However, mining on GCP is forbidden in their ToS.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

You could donate your extra server time and run something like a BOINC project or Folding@home

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

You can earn curecoin or gridcoin if you fold with those computers. It’s not much but you can earn smth. Other mining attempts will suspend your services.

Okay, I guess I will scrap the Bitcoin idea and just have these computers search for aliens instead like one of the previous post suggested. It's kinda a waste considering I literally have 20 computers at my disposal free of charge. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

If I were you I would dedicate my computers for drug discovery researches. For example cancer.

boinc world community grid and rosetta@home are the best.

also if you run those projects you can earn gridcoin. And then exchange this gridcoin with bitcoin.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s possible! But forbidden on most platforms. Also these CPUs won’t pull much coins :/

Use your Compute power for something more worthwhile and support drug research! See the guides I wrote about how to set up Folding at home on a Debian server. Also Rosetta@home on BOINC is real nice and producing real important results about cancer research!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

On 10/22/2019 at 8:13 AM, wasab said:

Your best option would be to mine Monero on its new randomX script. If your not paying for the power it might work. CPU’s are not efficient enough to mine crypto currently because of either low value or high difficulty due to ASIC hardware. 

yes... I mine bitcoin