AMD’s Ryzen 9 3950X Cinebench, No-OC Score – Achieves A 32% Performance Increase Over 1950X

MadDuke

Now this will be quite an amazing CPU on AM4 really, so much potential, not just multithread workload but simply more heavy multitasking. I'm excited to see some builds with this, can nicely replace dual systems for like a streamer and still easily have all the room left for whatever you throw at it. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Now this will be quite an amazing CPU on AM4 really, so much potential, not just multithread workload but simply more heavy multitasking. I'm excited to see some builds with this, can nicely replace dual systems for like a streamer and still easily have all the room left for whatever you throw at it. 

You can expect to see quite a few Youtube channels building the "Ultimate" AM4 rig with 3950X and the $1000 Asrock Aqua motherboard coming soon.

13 minutes ago, Deli said:

You can expect to see quite a few Youtube channels building the "Ultimate" AM4 rig with 3950X and the $1000 Asrock Aqua motherboard coming soon.

Yeah, the only chip that makes sense for that board, that board is insane.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

9 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah, the only chip that makes sense for that board, that board is insane.

I also want to see someone jam a 3950x overclock to 4.4GHz in a Dan cases A4 SFX. Would be fun. LOL.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:26 AM, Deli said:

I think 3950X still only has one high quality binned chiplet. It only need one core to hit 4.7GHz. all cores are 3.9-4.0GHz, similar to 3900X. Threadrippers and Epyc take most of the best binned chiplets.

AdoredTV has suggested in some of his most recent videos that even the 3950X isn’t likely to use well binned chiplets because all the best chiplets are going to Epyc at the moment.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

AdoredTV has suggested in some of his most recent videos that even the 3950X isn’t likely to use well binned chiplets because all the best chiplets are going to Epyc at the moment.

Maybe the best chiplets can do 5GHz. 16 core at 5Ghz, that will be truly EPYC. Lol

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

A news article from wccftech and a rumor from adored, this thread is like seeing your lottery numbers fall and then remembering you didn't buy a ticket.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

21 hours ago, Deli said:

I also want to see someone jam a 3950x overclock to 4.4GHz in a Dan cases A4 SFX. Would be fun. LOL.

I'm only interested in stock performance. But it's going into Phanteks Shift (the smaller non x model) hehehe

13 hours ago, MadDuke said:

I'm only interested in stock performance. But it's going into Phanteks Shift (the smaller non x model) hehehe

I think it's actually doable. I've my old 5820K now in the Evolv Shift with a 120mm radiator. I think in stock setting, the 3950x will clock a little lower all core only 3.9GHz, instead of 4.1 Ghz like the 3900x. So a 120mm AIO may be able to keep the 3950x in stock running cool.

Have fun with the build.

3 hours ago, Deli said:

I think it's actually doable. I've my old 5820K now in the Evolv Sfift with a 120mm radiator. I think in stock setting, the 3950x will clock a little lower all core only 3.9GHz, instead of 4.1 Ghz like the 3900x. So a 120mm AIO may be able to keep the 3950x in stock running cool.

Have fun with the build.

I already have an 1700 there clocked at 3.9 on a 120mm AiO. 

I just don't know if I'll be putting an x42 inside or simply go with the custom looop completely. Though I'm lazy with the 3d printer and don't have enough time to use it for a custom printer pieces for the custom loop (to mount stuff like reservoir and pump) so I'll go 140 probably.