GPU Release history

Admire

Hello Lunistech Forums.

Totally new here, came from another board that I think was getting rather irritating to be honest. Been reading a bit on here before signing up and this seems more up my alley so to speak.

Was wondering if anybody had a good source as to previous release dates on earlier GPU's to help trying to roughly predict the future:P

I am going to do my first entirely new build in a quite a few years in may/june, and I wanted to take a look at the times between the different releases. There is always the danger that you buy a GPU, only for a new one to be released 2 weeks after so I know there is no certainty but I just wanted to at least get an idea.

I have the ability to be patient so could easily wait some extra months if need be.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Welcome, I think Nvidia normally launches there new series in like March or April where AMD is I think September or October. They will also release other cards between them to compete with the other, EX: Nvidia released the 780 TI to make sure they still had the fastest single GPU on the market.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

My

Thanks

"LunisTech"

Sorry....:Brainfart. I just always thought that Linus had a strange resemblance to the non canon Jedi Knight "Lunis"

250px-Lunis.jpg

Or maybe I was thinking that he looked like the apparant spanish/portugese childrens show "Lunnis" or "Los Lunnis"

los-lunnis-186.jpg

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Welcome, I think Nvidia normally launches there new series in like March or April where AMD is I think September or October. They will also release other cards between them to compete with the other, EX: Nvidia released the 780 TI to make sure they still had the fastest single GPU on the market.

Thanks man! Well, that sounds great. Hope a potentially new Titan Black edition or a 790 will drop the price of the 780ti

Thanks man! Well, that sounds great. Hope a potentially new Titan Black edition or a 790 will drop the price of the 780ti

It won't be those, but the 800 series that will. They will release the 880 which will be ~$700 and it won't be very smart to have 2 cards at the same price point.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

It won't be those, but the 800 series that will. They will release the 880 which will be ~$700 and it won't be very smart to have 2 cards at the same price point.

But won't the 800 series be released Q4 2014?......Heard that they delayed it.

But won't the 800 series be released Q4 2014?......Heard that they delayed it.

I thought it was in march? When did it get delayed?

I thought it was in march? When did it get delayed?

I really can't remember the source but the feb release is for lower level cards. The new 20nm process has been delayed until Q4 2014. So the new cards in Q1 will still be 28nm