Whats the best option?

Donut417

Option A: 

1688781229_OptionA(1).jpeg.0bedeef08c6414cb744b4ed946e1162a.jpeg

Option B:

1411472346_OptionB.jpeg.0f71f1c1c3bc498fe459e753964598ce.jpeg

There is legitimate concern that I might be close to over loading the ciruct the bedroom is on. This due to my room and my moms room share a 15 Amp circut. Keep in mind that we have to run Windows Aircondtioners in the summer, so thats when we fear fire will happen.  So Im looking to move my Plex server and NAS out of the room to another ciruct. This is also due to the fact I want to upgrade my TV potenitally to 4K, which means adding an Xbox or something to that degree for 4K movie playback  and maybe a bit of gaming. My plan is to run Ethernet between my room and another room in the house. Im looking to get costs narrowed down. As I need to replace the case my Plex server is in and need to buy a UPS for the setup. 

Im looking for suggestions on where to get quality cabling as well as not too expensive tools. I dont own any crimpers or punch down tool. Im thinking about doing wall jacks at both locations. So it dont look like shit. Thoughts, questions, concerns? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 questions.

1. Are you sure that the point where you plug your modem in has a working connection to get you internet.

2. Are you sure that Wi-Fi will get around the entire house in both the locations that your considering.

3. Have you decided how you are going to run cables (internal/external/mixed). Read up on your building code restrictions that apply to houses in your area so that when you run cables, you do it right and you don't get in trouble. 

Unfortunately you can't avoid the cost of expensive tools in the first instance and keep in mind that from my experience with Cat6 cable, you buy an entire box of it. You will be stuck with the entire cost of 1 box of cable. A way to avoid this is that if you have a friend who can run cable as part of his employment and will help you run cable, you can use their tools (unless you need a specific tool) and they can buy the cable and you only pay for what you use, while they use the rest for other jobs they are hired to do. Generally it is better if you have 2 people doing this job.

Generally the tools that you will need will be;

- Wire Strippers

- RJ-45 Crimpers (Unless you are doing wall plates on both ends)

- Dry wall cutter

- Good Quality Fisher Wire (To find and run cable through walls.)

- Drill with assorted bits (Spade bits, Drill Bits and Screw Bits)

- Ladder (To get into cavities)

- Stud Finder

In addition to that, good quality plates and connections will expand the life of the system for years.

I don't live in the US so I am not sure where exactly to get good cable from as well as plates and connectors, but as a general rule of thumb, electrical and data suppliers will have a good selection of different types of cable. It's down to you to do your research unless another person of the forum can help you.

1 minute ago, Professor G - Games - Tech said:

3 questions.

1. Are you sure that the point where you plug your modem in has a working connection to get you internet.

2. Are you sure that Wi-Fi will get around the entire house in both the locations that your considering.

3. Have you decided how you are going to run cables (internal/external/mixed). Read up on your building code restrictions that apply to houses in your area so that when you run cables, you do it right and you don't get in trouble. 

Unfortunately you can't avoid the cost of expensive tools in the first instance and keep in mind that from my experience with Cat6 cable, you buy an entire box of it. You will be stuck with the entire cost of 1 box of cable. A way to avoid this is that if you have a friend who can run cable as part of his employment and will help you run cable, you can use their tools (unless you need a specific tool) and they can buy the cable and you only pay for what you use, while they use the rest for other jobs they are hired to do. Generally it is better if you have 2 people doing this job.

Generally the tools that you will need will be;

- Wire Strippers

- RJ-45 Crimpers (Unless you are doing wall plates on both ends)

- Dry wall cutter

- Good Quality Fisher Wire (To find and run cable through walls.)

- Drill with assorted bits (Spade bits, Drill Bits and Screw Bits)

- Ladder (To get into cavities)

- Stud Finder

In addition to that, good quality plates and connections will expand the life of the system for years.

I don't live in the US so I am not sure where exactly to get good cable from as well as plates and connectors, but as a general rule of thumb, electrical and data suppliers will have a good selection of different types of cable. It's down to you to do your research unless another person of the forum can help you.

1) The modem wat in the Living room before and we have 2 coax connections for that purpose. I know exactly how my coax is run. 

2) As above my router was also in the Living room and yes we get coverage. 

3) We have a condiuit running from the basement to the attic and have coax ran thru there. Fuck the building code, the buidling inspector wont be invovled. Because what the citiy doesnt see doesnt bother me and they cant just roll up in to the house and say they need to do an inspection. 

My dad is a machinest, so we have tools and we have a way to route the cabling thats not the issue. Im more worred about the layouts I have above. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

. Im more worred about the layouts I have above. 

There is nothing wrong with what you have planned. Do you have the hardware ready or do you need recommendations on a switch?

2 minutes ago, Professor G - Games - Tech said:

There is nothing wrong with what you have planned. Do you have the hardware ready or do you need recommendations on a switch?

Just need recommedations on cabling and tools. Also need to decide which option I want to try. 

You'll have to try someone else. I have no idea what brands are available in America.

When I did my network, i used Clipsal cable as shown here.

https://www.tle.mmem.com.au/datacomm-cables-and-equipment/physical-infrastructure/category-66a-solutions/cli2d4p6ipv3bbu.html?rl=1