Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisandru

Upgrade low budget pc

Posted · Original PosterOP

I got a cheap pc and i want to upgrade it but i dont know what would be compatible because the components are pretty old. (prebuild pc from fujitsu Celsius M470-2)

The pc has: CPU: intel xeon w3690, 3.47ghz , 6 cores, 12 threads

Motherboard: fujitsu d2778-c1

Ram: 4x2GB DDR3 800mhz

GPU: Nvidia quadro 2000 GDDR 5, 1GB

PSU: DPS-500QB

If i can do something about the pc i was thinking to change the psu first. Thanks!

What was the intended use case of the PC?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

Posted · Original PosterOP

I want to upgrade this pc and use it for a little gaming and graphic design.

But of course nothing too "hardcore":))

3 minutes ago, Lisandru said:

I want to upgrade this pc and use it for a little gaming and graphic design.

But of course nothing too "hardcore":))

tossing an RX 570 in there would make for a decent PC. However the power supply, given its age, might benefit from a replacement.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions