Battery Backup not working

So I bought an Avaya UPS for my server the other day, it's an older unit that I bought off ebay. Problem I am having is it seems to not charge the battery, if the power goes out it just turns off after a second, also it fans come on and then go off constantly. Dont know what else to do with it and am about ready to return it

It's an Avaya 9125 1500VA

Gaming Rig: 1st gen i7 to 8th gen i7 (Build Log)

Specs: i7 8700k : Corsair H110i w 2x Corsair LL140mm RGB Fans : 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz : Asus ROG Maximux X Hero AC : EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra : Phanteks Enthoo 719 w/LL120mm RGB fan : Corsair HX750Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB Boot Drive : WD Black HDD Game Drive : Corsair Lighting Node Pro

Server: 

Specs: HP DL380e G8 : 2x Intel Xeon E5 2470 : 48GB Ram : 6x HPE 4TB 3.5" HDDs, 2x 4TB WD Red, 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs, 1x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD : Redundant 750w 80+ Gold PSUs

1 minute ago, god_bmxes said:

So I bought an Avaya UPS for my server the other day, it's an older unit that I bought off ebay. Problem I am having is it seems to not charge the battery, if the power goes out it just turns off after a second, also it fans come on and then go off constantly. Dont know what else to do with it and am about ready to return it

It's an Avaya 9125 1500VA

Sounds like the battery in it is dead. Replace the battery.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

It has no lights on it indicating the battery is bad, also I dont wanna replace a battery incase it's not that and ik just wasting money

Specs: i7 8700k : Corsair H110i w 2x Corsair LL140mm RGB Fans : 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz : Asus ROG Maximux X Hero AC : EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra : Phanteks Enthoo 719 w/LL120mm RGB fan : Corsair HX750Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB Boot Drive : WD Black HDD Game Drive : Corsair Lighting Node Pro

Server: 

Specs: HP DL380e G8 : 2x Intel Xeon E5 2470 : 48GB Ram : 6x HPE 4TB 3.5" HDDs, 2x 4TB WD Red, 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs, 1x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD : Redundant 750w 80+ Gold PSUs

It has no lights on it indicating the battery is bad

In my experience, those indicators are hit-or-miss. Mostly miss.

also I dont wanna replace a battery incase it's not that

Well, take the battery out and test it manually. It's pretty easy to confirm if it's dead or not.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Open it up, check fuses, measure voltage on the battery. check mechanical relays (if any... relays may be stuck and not connect battery to the inverter while the circuit that reads battery voltage can still measure)

The circuit that measures the battery voltage may be faulty, led may be faulty (extremely rare but you never know),

I opened it up, the fuses seem fine, how would I check the battery? I have a multimeter just not sure what it should be reading

Server: 

Also I messaged the seller on ebay, gonna see what they recommend

Server: 

Set your multimeter on DC voltage, if it has manual ranging set it on 20v or higher position, place the probes on the terminals of the battery... You have a plus and minus on the battery... your multimeter will show the voltage.

A good battery should show a voltage between 10.8v (discharged) and around 13-14v when floating or full charged.