ctrl + enter not reliable

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I've found and fixed another issue that can cause submission to fail. I don't know if it's one that any of you have run into, but now you won't run into it.

If anyone is still having any issues that they don't think can be explained by the descriptions given so far in this topic, please let me know.

when responding to status updates when I try to use ctrl + enter it will start saving but will not post. If I click the button it works though.

FireFox and Linux.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

test

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

What browser and OS are you using?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

test

2 minutes ago, will4623 said:

when responding to status updates

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

Just now, Spotty said:

What browser and OS are you using?

edited OP

Ah, I tried it on my college computer.

It works fine the first time, but the 2nd all you get is the submit reply button "updating" but it doesn't do it.

https://whatsmybrowser.org/b/VJEHGD9

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

mine is this.

https://whatsmybrowser.org/b/KGN4V2T

8 hours ago, will4623 said:

Your Firefox is two versions (3 months) out of date, so if it turns out not to be an issue on the latest version then it won't be something that I will fix. That being said, it's somewhat more likely that this is a forum issue, and I will look into this in more depth in the next few days.

HTTP/2 203

i'm getting this on the latest version of chrome too

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

@will4623 and @Gegger are you also only experiencing this on your second comment, or does it always fail?

You can't comment multiple times close together, regardless of how you try to submit it, because you are limited to posting one thing per ~20s. On status updates, the error doesn't display, which is a bug in itself.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

@will4623 and @Gegger are you also only experiencing this on your second comment, or does it always fail?

You can't comment multiple times close together, regardless of how you try to submit it, because you are limited to posting one thing per ~20s. On status updates, the error doesn't display, which is a bug in itself.

it's showing saving... but i have to click that to actually post the comment

when i try to comment multiple times in 20sec, it just says wait x sec to post

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

I didn't know this input existed, but I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in on the bug by writing this comment.

Latest stable version of Chrome as of 9/14/19. Windows 10 1809

Edit: Worked perfectly (as well as when submitting an edit)

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

9 hours ago, Gegger said:

it's showing saving... but i have to click that to actually post the comment

when i try to comment multiple times in 20sec, it just says wait x sec to post

When it changes to "saving", it is supposed to disable that button. If that's not happening, something is definitely breaking. Where does it happen (all editors, just status update comments, etc)?

And do you have any browser extensions?

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

When it changes to "saving", it is supposed to disable that button. If that's not happening, something is definitely breaking. Where does it happen (all editors, just status update comments, etc)?

And do you have any browser extensions?

I have Ublock which was off some youtube enhancer thing and lastpass. and it happens on the first post on a page.

6 minutes ago, will4623 said:

I have Ublock which was off some youtube enhancer thing and lastpass. and it happens on the first post on a page.

You mean when editing the first post of a topic (when it takes you to a separate edit page)?

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

You mean when editing the first post of a topic (when it takes you to a separate edit page)?

IIRC I was submitting the first post I posted  in that specific topic.

do status updates count towards the count on status replies?

7 minutes ago, will4623 said:

IIRC I was submitting the first post I posted  in that specific topic.

You started this topic by saying it was just an issue with status update replies, now you're saying it's a problem with topics. From your experience, what areas have you tried that have always worked, what have you tried that has never worked, and what only works sometimes?

5 minutes ago, will4623 said:

do status updates count towards the count on status replies?

I don't understand the question, which count do you mean?

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

You started this topic by saying it was just an issue with status update replies, now you're saying it's a problem with topics. From your experience, what areas have you tried that have always worked, what have you tried that has never worked, and what only works sometimes?

I don't understand the question, which count do you mean?

I suck at english sorry. I was referencing Status updates as topics and I mean the count until I can post.

Just now, will4623 said:

I suck at english sorry. I was referencing Status updates as topics and I mean the count until I can post.

Sorry, I'm still not 100% sure. Is it an issue with Status Updates, Status comments, both, or both+more things?

And if you mean the post count under your name, that is only increased by posts on the tech-related sections of the forum. That means that status updates, Off Topic, Bugs ad Issues, blogs, etc don't count towards it.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Sorry, I'm still not 100% sure. Is it an issue with Status Updates, Status comments, both, or both+more things?

And if you mean the post count under your name, that is only increased by posts on the tech-related sections of the forum. That means that status updates, Off Topic, Bugs ad Issues, blogs, etc don't count towards it.

so the issue is only bean noticed in replying to status updates. I am trying to know if I make a status update do I have to wait to reply to it?

so the issue is only bean noticed in replying to status updates. I am trying to know if I make a status update do I have to wait to reply to it?

Oh right. Yes, you will need to wait 15 seconds between posting the status update and posting a reply.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Oh right. Yes, you will need to wait 15 seconds between posting the status update and posting a reply.

ok might just be that.

sorry for taking so much of your time.

sorry for taking so much of your time.

No worries, it's better than spending ages digging into code for an issue that doesn't exist.

HTTP/2 203