How to share info without paying moneyy?!

ExtraBlackMonster_

four people watching on white MacBook on top of glass-top table

many times I want to share something with people to get feedback on an idea or project... but I have no friends online to spread the word!

forums don't allow you to share links, I tried quora but only got 2-3 replies!

Anyone can help!

not helpful answers: Quora, Reddit

You literally have no friends or family members to whom you can turn to for feedback?

... Wow... That's even sadder than my life.

Seriously, depending on the topic, you can ask for feedback here. As long as you're not trying to promote your website.

One or two replies is pretty good considering you're basically asking strangers on the internet to do free work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

You literally have no friends or family members to whom you can turn to for feedback?

... Wow... That's even sadder than my life.

Seriously, depending on the topic, you can ask for feedback here. As long as you're not trying to promote your website.

One or two replies is pretty good considering you're basically asking strangers on the internet to do free work.

Sad indeed,

I'm not asking anyone to do any work, just asking for opinion or sharing useful info

55 minutes ago, ExtraBlackMonster_ said:

I'm not asking anyone to do any work, just asking for opinion or sharing useful info

forums don't allow you to share links

as long as you're not linking to an external site/survey there shouldn't be any issue with asking this forum for advice.

you can create a poll if you're after simple answers.

you're being quite vague, what kind of information are you wanting to share and get opinions on?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

i started to think you are an ad bot or a creator of clickbaity videos, because you used stock photo in you post, which normal people would not do. and combining with your next post i think you have a classical case of "you are doing it wrong" 

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Well, like any relationship, you need to invest time and effort, build rapport and establish trust with people.

13 hours ago, ExtraBlackMonster_ said:

How to share info without paying moneyy?!

Unless you give people a reason to trust you, (or a monetary incentive, like Google Opinion Rewards,) why would they want to waste time to look at information that you shared? There are already more than enough distractions in this world. Without credentials or an established rapport, to most people, you're just another nutter (or possibly bot) on the internet that is more likely than not spreading misinformation (or possibly spreading PUPs). 

I want to share something with people to get feedback

Start by observing how other people get good feedback. What kind of questions or ideas are successful at getting feedback? How are they being framed/asked? Which forums for which topics? And always make sure you understand and follow the rules of that site/forum/subreddit.

Try giving well thought-out and relevant feedback to other people's ideas and problems first. If you show an interest and demonstrate to the community there that you are capable of listening and processing what other people are saying by giving good feedback, then people will be more inclined to listen to what you have to say in turn and provide quality feedback for you.

Think of it this way, if you just randomly go up to someone (in real life) and start sprouting out information and asking for their opinion without establishing any rapport, how much feedback other than yells of "Stranger Danger" will you get?

You're still asking for people's time, expertise and effort. Try asking a lawyer for her or his opinion, they charge by the minute!

This forum has a lot of amazing people that are more than happy to share their experiences and help out fellow misfits mavericks. If you stick around for a while, I'm sure people will be interested to hear your ideas. Just make sure you are receptive to other people's feedback, positive and negative, in return. Since if you demonstrate to the community that you aren't receptive to other people's ideas, then people won't bother giving feedback, because they'll think it's just a waste of time, and that'll be counter-productive to what you want to achieve.

I hope you find what you're looking for, and welcome to the LTT forums.

CPU: Vulnerable to Meltdown | Motherboard: Has LEDs that I can't see | RAM: Bought too much | GPU: Mostly satisfactory so far in our relationship | Case: Shiny, black, very heavy and tall, with a Firefox sticker | Storage: Has too many old HDDs | PSU: Hasn't blown up yet like it's predecessor | Displays: Mismatched from Craigslist | Cooling: As many Noctuas as there are fan headers | Keyboard: Keys are fading |  Mouse: Needs cleaning |