- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

What's your budget? You keep reacting to solutions with 'that's expensive' but everyone has a different definition of what an acceptable cost is.

However, assuming that you keep your case and existing workflow, I think a solution is to buy a Synology or Qnap or similar style 2-bay NAS unit for ~$300+ drive cost (use google to figure out UK prices). Then you can use either drag and drop or built in software from the NAS vendor to copy/back up files.

Or, if that's complicated, buy 1-2x of a single- or dual-drive external HDD units (WD makes single/dual drives, others probably do too). Then using what has been suggested before....use that to back files up to, either with software or simple copy/paste. If budget allows, get two of those units, and rotate them on a set schedule. Like Summer/Winter tires, if car metaphors make sense to you.

As for hackers/viruses......how realistic is that concern? I can't remember the last time I had a virus, and hackers hacking me is.......not remotely in my sphere of concern. Even if it were, that's the point of backups (and redundant backups) and routine malware/virus checking. Unless you're actively being a moron on the sketchiest parts of the internet, I can't see how you're likely to be hit by either, especially if you use firewall software and/or network router/switch firewalls.

Anyway, a backup scheme would be something like this:

Turn PC on and whatever weird drive powering on you need to do

run antivirus/malware/etc programs you trust

plug in external drive

run anti-everything programs on external drive

if clean bill of health, copy files of interest or run backup software to the drive

unplug drive

......that's it.

Then if you really want to be paranoid, duplicate your backups or alternate (rotate, per other poster) which backup drive you use on whatever interval you're backing up.

I hope that's clear enough--It's not a difficult concept. Back up your data, and try to have multiple copies backed up. If you're going the NAS route....it's the same idea, just replace 'attach external drive' with 'sync with NAS'. 

As for noises, have you checked everything is screwed down and can't move? Have you tried unplugging specific drives to see which, if any, make the noise? I would really not want to be continuously power cycling drives that aren't intended for that.

19 hours ago, bimmerman said:

As for noises, have you checked everything is screwed down and can't move? Have you tried unplugging specific drives to see which, if any, make the noise? I would really not want to be continuously power cycling drives that aren't intended for that.

Thanks for the detailed reply. 
Clearly you ddn't read my posts properly. I have checked for years. I tried everything. This case needs to be sold or binned.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller