PC fan with screws mounted from inside (120mm)

Jo3huaz
Go to solution Solved by VIVO-US,
1 hour ago, Jo3huaz said:

Unfortunately it does not work. 

For the anti-vibration pins, will I be able to take them out after I insert them into the screw holes? Because I cant really reach them from the top panel. 

Yes, you should still be able to take them out if you ever need.  I've used a few different ones over the years, and Noctua's NA-SAV2 Chromax black pins have done the best for me so far, since they seem to be more durable than the super-cheap pins.

Im using a Asus ROG STRIX GL12CP prebuilt and im trying to find a 120mm PC case fan with screws that are inserted from the inside of the PC case to the outside because my PC case's top panel is not removeable. Can I just use a normal 120mm pc case fan and buy the screws separately, or is that not recommended?

And any recommendations for the fan/screws I could use? Thanks!

20190830_002721.jpg

15670969940171152945054895854435.jpg

Edited by Jo3huaz

It looks like the top panel can be removed by bending two tabs down and sliding the panel forward a half inch or so.  Does that work?  If not, you might be able to use anti-vibration pins by pushing them into the holes and then pressing the fan in place while gently pulling the pins through.

Untitled.png

26 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

It looks like the top panel can be removed by bending two tabs down and sliding the panel forward a half inch or so.  Does that work?  If not, you might be able to use anti-vibration pins by pushing them into the holes and then pressing the fan in place while gently pulling the pins through.

Untitled.png

For the anti-vibration pins, will I be able to take them out after I insert them into the screw holes? Because I cant really reach them from the top panel. 

23 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

those radiator screws might work (the really long ones)

Yea that might work. But are those screws the same size as fan screw holes? Or are there different sizes I need to be aware of?

1 hour ago, Jo3huaz said:

Yes, you should still be able to take them out if you ever need.  I've used a few different ones over the years, and Noctua's NA-SAV2 Chromax black pins have done the best for me so far, since they seem to be more durable than the super-cheap pins.

1 hour ago, VIVO-US said:

Alright. Thanks! I will most likely be purchasing some soon.

• 9 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I have the exact same issue as you and can't find any other discussion on it.

I was wondering if you have any updates on it? Did you install the top fan with screws inward finally? Or were you able to pop the top case off finally? Also, did you consider adding an intake fan in front? I noticed there is enough space (and screws hole) for one fan in the front/bottom area.